zig-zagging calories??

Options
What do you think about zig-zagging your calories?

Replies

• AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    it has worked for me, all i can say is try it and see if it works for you!
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    I havent tried this so i'm not sure of the outcome. curious to see what people think, idk i'm a bit skeptical
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    what is that?
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

I just started this, hoping it works out! I've heard good things about it. Just try and see if it works for you :) The link I posted is a calculator that gives you your zig zag for the week!!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This is an old concept called Calorie Cycling. I have heard it works but never really done it myself for more than a week. I found it hard to remember if today was a super low day or a high day and it drove me insane. But if you google Calorie Cycling, there is a lot of info out there.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Just started trying it myself and I was at a plateau and had started to gain a little bit and now with calorie cycling I am seeing losses again. I am going to keep trying it!
  • sfbemis
    sfbemis Posts: 1
    Options
    how do you mean? Like eating 1400 one day and 1500 the next? or just eating more when you exercise?
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    its really working for me too! :wink:
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    how do you mean? Like eating 1400 one day and 1500 the next? or just eating more when you exercise?

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    the website above ^ will explain it but you have the around about idea.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have done it from day one!!
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I had been actually doing it by accident before I heard about it and was losing consistently. Gonna keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • KBienn
    KBienn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mishkat
    mishkat Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    This is an old concept called Calorie Cycling. I have heard it works but never really done it myself for more than a week. I found it hard to remember if today was a super low day or a high day and it drove me insane. But if you google Calorie Cycling, there is a lot of info out there.

I do not do mine based on days....mine is done by week...Sunday - Saturday.

For example:
    Sunday I left 800 calories
    Monday I left 700 calories
    Tuesday I eat an extra 150 calories
    Wednesday I eat an extra 200 calories

So for the remainder of the week, before exercising, I have 1150 extra calories for the remainder of the week.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    sounds like too much work lmao
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Some one on here gave the suggestion to set yourself manually at the lowest calorie intake and then input your own exercise and have it be "Monday zig-zag", etc. that takes into account the difference you need to eat that day. Then you can just add the exercise and eat all of those calories. I've just started trying it (trying to get refocused on losing the last few pounds of fat), but doing that has made it super easy.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I think there might be some truth to the idea. i watch what i eat all week, eat very low calories per day. and then i have one day per week that is my cheat day, and i eat more calories. and it hasn't hurt me yet, if any thing i think it might be helping. i'm losing the weight really well. and i still get to enjoy my one cheat day per week.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i zig-zag with exercise days. i work out 3 days a week and eat 2800 calories on those days - the in between i eat 2000 - i'm losing weight when i zig zag. i am also low carb on non-workout days. I read the book by Chris Powell "Chose to Lose" who's the trainer on Extreme Weight Loss tv show - he helped a guy lose 421 pounds. i've been stuck for a long time - now that my calories are up (i was at 1700 and not losing) and i zig-zag it seems to work for me. I'm eating mostly whole foods and even have nuts back in my diet. I'll take it compared to starvation anyday.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I think it's kindof smart in a way.. But I also can see how it would be negative. Humans are creatures of habit and it's actually very natural for us to form set systems and follow similar routines. I think it would throw me off a little bit, at least at first.