Just when I needed it...

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
So i was feeling a little bit doubtful in myself recently...started a post yesterday asking for input for the "last 15" and got some great feedback.

Well I went to the gym for kickboxing class - had fun, great workout...actually getting to know some of my fellow classmates and it's very welcoming.

After, an old co-worker of mine stopped me and told me how amazed he was at me and what I've done - he's a marathon runner so it meant a lot. Then walking out, a guy I've known since I was about 18 stopped me and told me he didn't even recognize me at first in the class, you've lost a TON of weight - I said yep - 77 pounds - he said dang - you look great THEN I was stopped by a girl who's always in the kick and power class when I'm there - she asked if I was Chrissy I told her that was me...she does health and wellness for an insurance company and asked if I would speak to two doctor's offices employees about overcoming cancer and taking control of my health...since I've done it the right way....(me speakings a bit scary... but)

I felt like I was walking on the clouds....

Replies

• Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Chrissy, You are a rock star!!!

and a hero to many of us here on mpf!!!

ileana
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Way to go girl! You are my reason to keep going everyday! Keep it up. You inspire so many!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! :drinker: That must have been such a good BOOST!!!:heart:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Thanks girls - I feel all mushy inside all over again!!!:smooched: :blushing: :love:
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is wonderful. Seventy-seven pounds! Oh I hope I can do that. You look SO fit in your picture. Have you always been heavy or did you gain as an adult? You have an inspiring story. I hope I can do it too. I really appreciate you and I am SO happy to hear about your comments! It sounds like they came at the perfect time. Isn't great how things work out like that sometime? It made my day and motivated ME just thinking about it. I would LOVE to earn comments like that!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Wow! That is wonderful. Seventy-seven pounds! Oh I hope I can do that. You look SO fit in your picture. Have you always been heavy or did you gain as an adult? You have an inspiring story. I hope I can do it too. I really appreciate you and I am SO happy to hear about your comments! It sounds like they came at the perfect time. Isn't great how things work out like that sometime? It made my day and motivated ME just thinking about it. I would LOVE to earn comments like that!

If you keep working hard and focusing on your health - you WILL get those comments...

I've fought with my weight since I had kids ( I had my daughter when I was 20) so pretty much my entire adulthood...I weighted 155 when I got pregnant with her and I am at 162ish right now - I can't wait to get to that prebaby weight from 17 1/2 years ago - I am smaller now than when I got pregnant with my 13 yo son so I am working backwards...I've tried Atkins, using prescription appetite suppresants - I've never stuck to anything for more than 3 or 4 months - I made my lifestyle change Sept 1 2008 - so just shy of a year - and I am so happy that I did!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Gratz! I'm so glad that you got the feedback you needed at the right moment!

As I read your other thread, I could feel the anxiety and it pained me because you have done so wonderfully, and you should be celebrating!!!

I'm glad it's lifted your spirits - back to where they should be!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Chrissy - I'm so proud of you. You have been a great inspiration to me these past few months. You go, girl! Mary
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Gratz! I'm so glad that you got the feedback you needed at the right moment!

As I read your other thread, I could feel the anxiety and it pained me because you have done so wonderfully, and you should be celebrating!!!

I'm glad it's lifted your spirits - back to where they should be!

I was feeling quite anxious but no where near giving up which makes me proud to realize that rather than give up on myself, I want to push even harder!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Chrissy - I'm so proud of you. You have been a great inspiration to me these past few months. You go, girl! Mary
    Thanks Mary!!!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

I was feeling quite anxious but no where near giving up which makes me proud to realize that rather than give up on myself, I want to push even harder!!

I saw that in your post!!! What you say above is very true! I was thinking 'holy cow, she's come this far but wants to push harder and harder!"

it's an inspiration. It honestly is. :)
  • chrissyh
    Options

I saw that in your post!!! What you say above is very true! I was thinking 'holy cow, she's come this far but wants to push harder and harder!"

it's an inspiration. It honestly is. :)

Thanks a bunch - it's also the fear of ever going back to where I was - I never ever ever want to feel or look that way again!
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    I'm so glad you were boosted and more motivated! Congrats for all the hard work. It must be so rewarding to pass a mirror and not be afraid to look! NEVER think of giving up- This is a lifestyle change - a forever mode- a healthy way ..........:bigsmile: :laugh:
    I am vowing to myself- never:noway: :noway: to get this way again and I have 100 lbs to go! I :heart: MFP! :drinker: :drinker:
    Many Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!