AMAZING LOW FAT/LOW CAL CHEESY ooey gooey comfort food

wasveganvictoria88
wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
You are not going to believe how GOOD this is. Just invented it now because I'm waiting for TOM and I realllly fancied something cheesy and filling.

I made enough for 2 people, and ate the whole lot (I didn't have a big lunch) but it makes plenty for one person, and you could serve it with salad or some starchy carbs.

It's got 14g of protein per serving. It is a mixture between the cheesy doughyness of a pizza, the satifaction of a lasagne and the comfort of delicious home cooked food.

I can't even think of a good name for it haha, see if you can think of something?

Serves 4, 198kcals per serving, 2g of sat fat, 14g of protein

Ingredients
For topping;
2 medium/large eggs
40g self-raising flour
60g reduced fat cheese (WW, Rosemary Conley, Low Low – I used co-op reduced fat mature cheddar)

For the ‘filling’;
minced garlic (to taste, I used 2 whole garlic cloves)
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
4-5 mushrooms, chopped
chopped selection of bell peppers
medium courgette, chopped
dried mixed herbs
You could add some beef/veggie mince, chicken (or equivalent for veg/vegan) pieces, sliced sausages but don’t forget to add the calories. I added some chicken style pieces.

Method

Preheat your oven to a medium heat. Dry fry the onion and garlic until they begin to brown. Add rest of vegetables and fry until they begin to soften. Add dried herbs then the tinned tomatoes – I drained some of the sauce away, the thicker the sauce, the better. Meanwhile while this is simmering, crack the eggs into a bowl and slowly whisk in the flour a bit at a time. Stir in the cheese. Get yourself a suitable dish, a lasagne dish will work fine – just make sure it’s not too big as you will find the sauce will be shallow. Pour the tomato sauce into the dish, and spoon the egg mixture onto the top of the sauce. Place in the oven in the middle shelf and cook for 20-30 minutes until the topping is light brown and the sauce is bubbling. Et voila!
You will not be disappointed!

Replies