Need some buds...

Options
About me: (I feel like I am writing a personal add!!! LOL)

Divorced single mom of a teenage boy. Short - 5' 2". 36 years old. Desk job. Have a good 60 lbs to lose. I have a tendency to get halfway to goal and hit a plateau and give up. I'm trying to do this a little bit slower this time in order to keep the weight off for good. This means eating more. I hate cardio but I enjoy doing workout videos at home that are either all weightlifing or a combo of both weights and cardio.

Not the prettiest gal on the planet, and I've accepted that.

I'm sarcastic. I can be pessimistic but sometimes I'm just being a realist. I can be honest to a fault. I don't sugar coat stuff. Suffer from depression off and on. Pre-diabetic and HBP and ashamed to be 36 and have those issues. So I'm doing something about it.

Good lord, I sound like a real bummer. Some good stuff perhaps?

My goal: I want my hourglass back. To get out of the obese category and into the overweight category. Don't want to be a size 2, I'd kill to be a size 8.

I'm a great listener. I'm supportive. I'm loyal, once you crack my shell and get to know me. I love to read, we can talk about books if you want. I love crafts, I make jewelry. I'm funny.

If you need a friend and have similar circumstances. (I need more activity on my wall!!!) I'm here.

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

You are crazy--you are absolutely adorable!!!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am looking for the same too. A good supportive network of friends. I have also lost the weight and been in shape before but gained it all back. It's always good to have some support. So if you feel up for it. You can add me.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome...feel free to add me : )
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    aw don't put your self down my dear, you are beautiful!!! lets be friends!!!!
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    SERIOUSLY?! I think you're cute too!! Maybe you need to get a new mirror! :)
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

You are crazy--you are absolutely adorable!!!

It's making me sound like I'm fishing for compliments. I'm not. Really. But thank you...
  • rcolours7
    rcolours7 Posts: 69
    Options
    add me as friend....

as for the video - cardio thing....i really like Jillian Michael 30-day shred. it had a combo of 3 mins strength & 2 mins cardio 1 min abs. definitely lose the inches to get the hourglass figure back.

i'm 37, married w/2 kids (see my profile for me details) - i've hit a long plateau but doing my best to stick w/everything. i know the weight will come off.

not sure where you live or what gym u go to, but try some kind of boot camp class or a zumba class (dance). you will need the cardio to get the fat off.

great for you for doing something about HBP & pre-diabetic. such a good motivator.

i can be a great support person for you - help u w/exercise ideas, food choices - whatever. i don't know everything, nor do i want to know everything :-). also, i can be a great cheerleader too :-).

have a great day
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    :smile: Sending FR!!!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    First off, you are adorable. Don't be so down on yourself. I'd love to be your friend. I love answering personal ads on MFP :tongue:
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Friend request coming! :D
  • HecticHeretic
    Options
    Hey you remind me of myself haha! Feel free to add me as a buddy and anyone else who needs a friend :)
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me ;)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Need buds? I know a guy. I'll private message you. :smokin:
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love all people! Especially ones that don't sugar coat things.
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 35, and want my body back, too! I'm also into crafts and reading -- also gardening for the first time this summer. Nothing major, just a little container garden on my boyfriend's deck.

I just joined a gym for the first time (sort of) and hired a trainer to help me learn how to work out to meet my goals. She is awesome, and the money I spend for her time and expertise is one of the best investments I've ever made.

Can we post pics here? I'd love to see some of the jewelry you've made!

Penny:smile:
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Oh lord. I was hoping you wouldn't see this. Just because I'm new at the boards, doesn't mean I haven't been lurking for awhile. :-)
  • melbatoastrox
    Options
    Always looking for new buds on here. Add me :)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Oh lord. I was hoping you wouldn't see this. Just because I'm new at the boards, doesn't mean I haven't been lurking for awhile. :-)
    :drinker:
  • Buddhagirl75
    Options
    I'm looking for a group as well, and please don"t say such things about yourself! I need a support system that really works and does not fall of the planet! So you may add me if you like. :smile:
  • Sonyakrueger8
    Options
    Agreed your adorable! Friend me! I am always here for support!