vegan help

I am almost completelt vegan exect for breakfast.... ive been eating egg whites.. i need some vegan breakfast ideas!!

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    I would suggest some vegetables.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    what about oats with honey and berries? (i have this with cottage cheese mabey there is some soy or almond type replacement for this)

or bagel with peanut butter and nutella
  • Scrambled tofu is yummy! You can also do yummy vegan smoothies that are filling and high protein (vegan yogurt, fresh fruit, soy or almond milk, etc etc. I also like to add raw oats, cinnamon, and flax sometimes).
  • msgremmy
    msgremmy Posts: 88
    There are lots of vegan breakfast foods! Try fruit and soy yogurt; bagel thin and peanut butter; toast with fruit; tofu scramble; homemade pancakes; homemade muffins; cereal; oatmeal... there are tons of options!
  • veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    - oatmeal with chopped nuts and fruit, or with a spoonful of nut butter and drizzle of maple syrup
    - soy yogurt with granola, nuts, and fruit
    - smoothie (frozen fruit, banana, nondairy milk or water, nut butter or protein powder)
    - scrambled tofu and veggies (my favorite!)
    - whole grain cereal with nondairy milk, nuts, and dried fruit
    - whole grain toast with nut butter, fruit

Those are a few of my favorites!
  • mrtobias50
    mrtobias50 Posts: 93 Member
    Cereal (whole grain - read the label) with soy, almond or cocnut milk. I like Kashi
    Scrambled tofu with veggies is great
    Toast with nut butter
    Breakfast smoothie
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    I am almost completelt vegan exect for breakfast.... ive been eating egg whites.. i need some vegan breakfast ideas!!
    Sounds like you're going from a ovolactobreakfastvegantarian to a vegetabalarian. Good for you! Best wishes.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Porridge oats or quinoa with almond, hazelnut or soy milk - you can add different fruits to make it different each day
    Baked beans on toast
    Vegan cheese on toast

...the breakfasts are the same as meat eaters, just use non dairy milk and cheese.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    When I was vegan I loved scrambled tofu with garlic, onions, and veggies. I still eat it and I'm back to being a carnivore.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 549 Member
    I eat a small amount of cashews, goji berries, and golden berries with my morning tea, then have a grain like toast or cereal with non-dairy milk later. FYI, there are some vegan groups on this site -- check them out if you are interested.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Yummy...scrambled tofu; cereal with soy or almond milk; toast with peanut butter or non-dairy spread like earth balance; almond milk yogurt with berries; oatmeal with soy/almond milk, brown sugar, nuts and berries; quinoa with berries, earth balance, nuts, soy milk, etc.; Tofu scramble on a muffin with vegan cheese and tempeh bacon; Tempeh bacon BLTs....
  • foreverxena
    foreverxena Posts: 8 Member
    Are you part of a vegan group? Which one?
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Steel cut oats with fruit.
    Fruit salad.
    Green smoothie.
    Fruit smoothie.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    I eat granola that has no honey day in and day out. Almond milk to water it down! :P I really need to branch out my options though haha
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    does somebody have a great tofu scramble receipe? Do you use miso, yeast, cumin or anything like that?