Question re calories burned...

Options
EHBRown28
EHBRown28 Posts: 33 Member
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
All,

I did three hours of yard work in the hot GA sun today and have NO CLUE how many calories something like that burns. I pulled weeds, raked, trimed bushes by hand, pulled out dead bushes, etc.

Does anyone have have any idea what that burns or can you direct me to a website where I could check it?

Thanks, EHBrown28

Replies

• EHBRown28
    Options
    All,

I did three hours of yard work in the hot GA sun today and have NO CLUE how many calories something like that burns. I pulled weeds, raked, trimed bushes by hand, pulled out dead bushes, etc.

Does anyone have have any idea what that burns or can you direct me to a website where I could check it?

Thanks, EHBrown28
  • celnow
    Options
    There's a - gardening, general - in the exercise database. You could try that, or there is a lawnmowing or a cleaning one.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    look up fitlinks.. it has every type of exercise you can think of.. I used it when I lived in England but, there are no chat groups (or at least there weren't at the time).
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Here is a link you can use to look those things up:

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Hope that helps =)
  • ponytailfnp
    ponytailfnp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What part of GA? I am in Augusta and I know that the heat here has been wicked... no wonder you have dead bushes!
  • EHBRown28
    Options
    Just north of Atlanta...it's starting to cool off - just barely! Can't wait for fall and longer walks in the evenings. Now, I walk twice a day, but the evening walk is short - for my dog to potty! Too hot then to really get a work out walk!
This discussion has been closed.