I always feel hungry.

Options
Hi, i have been good about staying within my calories and trying to stay away from hi carb foods but it seems like i always feel hungry. I think i need to bump up my water, any suggestions would be helpful. What are the rest of you eating? Does anyone else have this problem ? Thanks for listening.:tongue:

Replies

• irishcailin2012
    irishcailin2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, are your calories too low? I have a lovely low gi recipe bread - using wholewheat flour and all bran and can send it onto you if you like
  • mitzi801
    mitzi801 Posts: 38
    Options
    i would like to know the answer to this because i am always hungry too, i drink loads and loads of water, but im never full!!!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein? I have found this to be a number one factor for me staying full longer. Good Luck!
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Couple of questions:

Are you guys taking 5-6 meals?
    Are you trying to use your full daily calories intake?
    Are you drinking enough water?

On some days you can afford to go over your calories goals provided you do some exercise or adjust the calories in the next few days. It is not that strict that 7 days a week you have to be at 1200 calories.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Protein!!! yum
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters...Protein...I was always hungry till I upped mine. Now it's much better and not snacking at night.
  • knama5
    knama5 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kim. The bread recipe would be great, do you know the nut. info on it ? I am most days over my protien. I don't do the 5-6 meals a day. Maybe i will try it and see if it helps. I do use most of my daily calories but am afraid of going over. I want this to work for me so badly. I will also bump up my water and see if that helps. Thank you everyone for your responses.:flowerforyou:
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I used to eat till I was stuffed,Jump starting on 1200 was tough! My body had to adjust to me eating the correct portions and I started spreading out my meals like eat part of it, then 2 hours later eat the rest I lost alot the first two weeks then it came to a stand still. I slowly started adding calories until I started to lose again. I now am in the eat more weigh less group and love it. If you are truely hungry, eat something not junk food, but have snacks prepared. I use a light whole grain bread, light yogurt,fruit,nuts etc to snack on if I get too hungry in between meals.It helps!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    are you really hungry? or is it habit, boredom just thinking about food all the time.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Couple of questions:

Are you guys taking 5-6 meals?
    Are you trying to use your full daily calories intake?
    Are you drinking enough water?

On some days you can afford to go over your calories goals provided you do some exercise or adjust the calories in the next few days. It is not that strict that 7 days a week you have to be at 1200 calories.
    I agree! I don't eat enough! And I am full all the time, I would also like to point out that I got fat eating my way there. I'm talking packages of cookies in a sitting, 4 full meals (4th meal late at night). All I did was start eating the right things, lots of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins etc.
  • Rylie324
    Rylie324 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You should make your diary public so we can see what it is your eating.

For me fiber, protein, nuts and water help me though the hunger.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Fiber will fill you up, and protein will help you feel full longer. A meal with lots of veggies and fruits and some lean protein shouldn't leave you feeling hungry, and you shouldn't feel like eating for several hours afterward. Open your diary, so we can see how you've been eating and what could be adjusted. :)
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Water! lots of is! and if it gets boring add slices of fruit/herbs/teas/crystal light. Drink a large glass after getting on the scale (with vitamins/meds)....Drink one while preparing your meal/snacks....add protein powders/fiber powders....when you're really hungry drink a large glass of water, do a chore/to-do list item, and then if you're still hungry (15ish minutes later) have something light, quick, low cal....turn off lights in kitchen, move onto another task
  • emilylacey1010
    Options
    Protein will keep mw full you say?
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    lots of protein and fiber will help keep you full longer
  • zohyeahz
    zohyeahz Posts: 4
    Options
    So, I used to feel this way before I went gluten free. Because my body wasn't processing the gluten correctly, I was actually malnourished even when I would overeat! Once I went gluten free, it's amazing how much less hungry I was. It doesn't hurt to try the diet (and the food is delicious and healthy) so why not try it for a week and see if you feel better?
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Fiber... beans = protein + fiber. My miracle food.
  • ksantomas
    ksantomas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For me it has been a process learning what it means to be satisfied versus stuffed. If I wasn't so full I couldn't breath, then I must still be hungry. It has been helpful for me to evenly space my calories throughout the day in 5 mini meals. The little baggies are great to put healthy snacks in and keep in your pocket. That way you always have something healthy on hand and are less inclined to buy on impulse.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just started the MFP thing, but I have been in seriously good shape (Military Career) and my current horrible shape ( Civilian life)

I can tell you, that Lean Protein is the best thing to keep hunger at bay... I actually just proved this fact to myself.I have been doing The MFP Diary for 4 days.. Compare the first two days, and the last two days and notice the difference. I was starving all the time. Last night I decided, i would try something a little different. I went to my butcher, got a nice lean rib eye steak. Grilled it, ate half for dinner and the other half for lunch. I had to make my self eat breakfast this AM, and was just getting hungry by lunch time. After lunch, 4 hours later, i am still pretty full. I have a mid afternoon popcorn addiction, so i ate some of it, but other wise, it is working for me.

Add me as a friend if you want. Of course my diary is always open.
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I find a high protein and healthy fats keep me full. I changed my macros to 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein and I'm never hungry. I am full and find it hard to eat enough. I also eat lots of veggies, the fiber in them fills you up.