Eating back calories - When?

Options
MrUgly
MrUgly Posts: 54 Member
I exercise in the morning, so I start my day with a caloric deficit and I have my meals planned, so I know what I am eating Friday for lunch on Sunday afternoon. When should I be eating back the calories? Breakfast lunch or dinner? Dinner would be the easiest as I would have access to my kitchen, but then I'd go to sleep while digesting. Breakfast seems logical, but I'm a pretty cheap guy and don't want to spend money buying more food, especially when all I have available is processed crap.

Ideas?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I spread them throughout the day, though many days the excess calories fall into my snacks.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I exercise in the morning, so I start my day with a caloric deficit and I have my meals planned, so I know what I am eating Friday for lunch on Sunday afternoon. When should I be eating back the calories? Breakfast lunch or dinner? Dinner would be the easiest as I would have access to my kitchen, but then I'd go to sleep while digesting. Breakfast seems logical, but I'm a pretty cheap guy and don't want to spend money buying more food, especially when all I have available is processed crap.

Ideas?

Just when you want. This has absolutely zero impact :) Pick the simplest time for you and sorted
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Dinner would be the easiest as I would have access to my kitchen, but then I'd go to sleep while digesting.
    And...?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Ideas?

Meal timing and exercise timing doesn't make a difference. As long as your 24 hour totals are where they should be, all is good.

So eat at dinner if that's your preference.