Unmotivated Mess

Options
I cannot seem to stay motivated:cry: . I get pumped up in the morning and as the day goes on the motivation dwindles and the food starts creeping up on me. I know I am responsible for what I put in my mouth, but I really think added support and motivation from others would only be positive. I need someone to be hard on me and check my diary daily, since I am honest with it even of its horrible and be honest with me. Tips and support are so needed. Thank you.

Replies

• stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like :) We are all in this together! You can do it!
  • dsmith411
    dsmith411 Posts: 1
    Options
    I know the feeling- having others to help motivate is great! I'm happy to help out!
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem lately!
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am finding that when I workout in the morning it helps me stay on track better throughout the day.

I didn't wake up at 5:30 to bust my butt to ruin it all with bad foods! =)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I need someone to be hard on me and check my diary daily, since I am honest with it even of its horrible and be honest with me.

Im going to sound really awful here and Im not trying to....I mean this from the bottom of my heart...

be hard on yourself..............be honest with yourself.

you know its bad, so fix it.

no one can make this happen for you especially and internet "freind" who you have virtually no accountability to.

Best best best of luck my dear! dig deep!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean.

But maybe your motivation declining later in the day is related to being hungry or tired.

When I started losing weight, I remade my breakfast. I wasn't eating anything terrible, but I started with making fruit smoothies. Now almost every day, I eat about the same thing: English muffin with poached egg and a smoothie. Under 400 calories and holds me until later in the morning or lunch. Then I bought a book called the 400 Calorie Fix which has a lot of great recipes and ideas for filling food that are reasonable in terms of calories. I just took the ideas I liked (I didn't follow their plan). There are so many resources available online or in the library.

I think you just have to figure out what works for you AND take a small step at a time.

Maybe it's just getting enough sleep every night for the first week or two. That's supposed to help with weight loss, because it balances your hunger hormones and reduces stress.

Hang in there!
  • rubygarcia86
    rubygarcia86 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i felt unmotivated during march, april, may... you get the picture. but getting back on track is the hardest part. maybe setting your meals the day prior will help you, maybe set small attainable goals like drinking more water or working out with a friend will help. I know its tough, especially when you feel out of it...