Facebook Ticker?

11kimberly11
11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone. I posted this question last week under Technical support with out any responses so I thought I would try here.

I would like to post my ticker on my Facebook page but so far neither one of the codes seem to be working. I've tried posting it as a link as well as diectly onto the wall but no luck. Has anyone else tried this and been successful? Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thank you.

253652.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    no idea

i don't even know where to put a fb ticker

BUMP
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    nope i cuodnt figure it out either:ohwell: , but i got it on myspace :bigsmile:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    I've got the 'badge' on my FB. Someone posted instructions to that in the tech support yesterday. GL :smile:
  • JStarnes
    NVM - it's not in the tech support board. I thought that is where I saw it. Anyway - under ap's on the bottom left of your home FB page, click Apps & Add more Apps. Then key in HTML under search & choose "My Profile" (it was on the second page of apps yesterday) and then on the left hand side of "My Profile"'s FB page, you can click "Go to App" once there you can copy & paste your MFP html code in it & choose where you want it displayed. hope this helps! :smile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    NVM - it's not in the tech support board. I thought that is where I saw it. Anyway - under ap's on the bottom left of your home FB page, click Apps & Add more Apps. Then key in HTML under search & choose "My Profile" (it was on the second page of apps yesterday) and then on the left hand side of "My Profile"'s FB page, you can click "Go to App" once there you can copy & paste your MFP html code in it & choose where you want it displayed. hope this helps! :smile:

does it update automatically as we update on MFP?
  • Try posting it as a note & publishing it to your Boxes Tab. Thats what i did & it showed up. That was the only way i could get it to work as well. Hope this is helpful.:bigsmile:
  • lose100
    lose100 Posts: 54
    Thanks for the help, but I am not finding where I need to go anywhere on Facebook. ????????
  • chrissyh
    Try posting it as a note & publishing it to your Boxes Tab. Thats what i did & it showed up. That was the only way i could get it to work as well. Hope this is helpful.:bigsmile:

I am a dummy on facebook and don't know what a note is...
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Ticker Factory has an application on facebook. Just search `weight loss` and you'll find it. :wink:
  • JStarnes
    Yes, it's linked to MFP, so it'l update as you "check-in"
  • lose100
    I'm not finding anywhere on Facebook the option to "add more apps." I can see Applications on my Facebook page, but I can't click on it. So confused. There is no apps on the bottom left of my home FB page. There is Apps on the upper left on my home FB page, but it's not something you can click on, it just lists the Apps that I currently have. Am I totally missing something here?
  • juliep63
    Okay, when you log in, go to your profile. In the bottom left hand corner, there's a little bar that says 'applications'.

Click the bar. A fly out menu is going to appear with all your aps on it. At the very bottom it says 'browse more applications'. Click it.

You get taken to a new page with Aps on it. Down the left hand side, there's a search bar. Type in 'weight loss'. It's going to bring up a new list of aps. the Ticker Factory ap is at the bottom.

Hope this helps!
  • lose100
    There is absolutely nothing at the bottom left of my page. My husband's profile has it, but mine does not. Any ideas how to get it?
  • chrissyh
    There is absolutely nothing at the bottom of my page. Left hand or otherwise.

i can't find it either
  • juliep63
    I have no idea... sorry. :frown:
  • lose100
    If you just type in HTML in the search box on FB, then Applications you will find it. It's called Profile Box
  • wtg to everyone. keep up the great work!
    162706.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • JStarnes
    The person that I found the original post from said that her 'apps' was on teh top left. I searched and searched til I found mine on the bottom.
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    I use the Ticker Factory app on my Facebook page. It means that I have to update my ticker here and my ticker there. But, you know, when I lose weight, I don't mind doing it twice!
This discussion has been closed.