C25K

If this is only 3 days a week.. what am I to do for the other 4?? I don't want to only do 3 days!!!!

Replies

• They just give you three sessions a week to keep it manageable. I was running 4 or 5 times a week. Just stick to the order of the training sessions. You'll just be done faster! I loved C25k. It's a great program. I just finished bridge to 10K this week. If you told me I'd be running 6 miles a day a few months ago I would not have believed it! Congratulations on starting it!! Rock on!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    I either walk or ride my recumbent stationary bike. Any other kind of exercise is acceptable. But when you're first starting out, you really need to give your body that day of rest in between. Especially when you start pushing yourself in weeks 3, 4, & 5.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    when I did mine she told us on the other in between days to walk light or do a light exersize.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    I progressed along quickly, too. It just felt right and I felt good. I think I did the regular 9 week C25K program in like 7 weeks or something.

I'm on Gateway to 8K now and love it just as much...

Good job for starting it! I can safely say that this little running app changed my life. :drinker:
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    If this is only 3 days a week.. what am I to do for the other 4?? I don't want to only do 3 days!!!!
    I did the eliptical and strength machines on my days off.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    I do C25K on my treadmill with no incline. For the first few weeks I would walk on an incline on my off days just to work different muscles. Now I do 30 Day Shred on my non-C25K days. I try to really follow the plan even when I'm feeling super confident because I'm pretty overweight (5'7", 209) and don't want any injuries. Now I'm on week 6, and I'm quite content to only run 20+ minutes three days a week. When I'm done with C25K I'm sure I'll run 4-5 days.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    I do P90x six days a week, and c25k the morning after my (p90x) cardio workouts, when I'm not so sore.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Bike, swim, weights, zumba? I just run though...didn't run at all before C25K, racing 10 miles on Sunday! :glasses:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    I did run a day, walk a day, rest a day. It took a little longer that way because I didn't always get 3 sessions in a week. I would NOT recommend running 2 days in a row. It's quite hard on the body.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    When you're used to it, running 2 days in a row is fine...I did 2 5K races on the same day recently and was fine...but when I was doing C25K I definitely needed at least one rest day between! I guess it depends how fit you are to start with, I wasn't fit at all so I needed my rest!
  • geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    I did C25K last fall - on the "rest" days do some cross training - swimming, walking, etc - when you get further along (I'm now training for a full marathon) the rest days are really important to repair and rest your muscles. You don't want to push it and hurt yourself.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    What I've been doing is I'll hit the C25K Mon, Wed & Fri mornings. I get up early all week long and walk my dog for about 45-55 minutes regardless of if I'm doing C25K or not; so on my Tues & Thurs. mornings I go down a couple weeks and re-do a prior week's C25K schedule. Like week 1 or 2. So we go from jogging and walking off and on - but we're not doing the actual "push yourself" training.

Or, we just walk. Same distance (we go about 3 miles a day), but we take our sweet time. :)