All I can see is FAT

Options
2»

Replies

• xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have had same issue for years even at my lowest weight I still feel like the nearly 300lb size 26 girl, even though I havent been that in years, always feel like people stare when I shop for clothes that im 10x bigger then everyone else in the room, etc. Before and afters pics help me alot to remember how far I've come.I keep a picture of me at my heaviest at my desk and one on the fridge at home so when I get "snacky" I take a peek and cringe, thats always makes me feel better and eat less :) I dont know if it ever goes away, but in a way glad it doesnt, reminds me i dont want to (really) look like that again,
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    .I keep a picture of me at my heaviest at my desk and one on the fridge at home so when I get "snacky" I take a peek and cringe, thats always makes me feel better and eat less :)

That's a great idea! I have them on my desk at work, maybe that's why I never overeat here! I'm going to post some on my fridge too, thanks!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I too feel like this at times. I see the pictures and the clothes from the past and say wow. Then I walk past a mirror and can't get over how much is still there. I try to remain positive but its hard. Sometimes I wonder that even when I do reach my weight loss goal if I'll still see the fat girl......
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I can relate. Rejoice in the accomplishment you've made so far. Take pictures and measurements! :) Sometimes it's that side by side picture comparison that becomes an eye opener. I get discouraged easy at times. Sometimes I go to the store and count how many boxes of butter would equal the amount I've lost if I squished all into little blocks or I go over to the pet aisle and pick up a large economy size dog food (the 44.1#--which used to be 50# bag)--and carry it down the aisle and think this is part of what I had been carrying around with me every day. Some days I look in the mirror and say hey that's looking a little better and other times I look at it and say am I getting anywhere. :( I hope you find what helps you with your view of you. Take care and congrats on your progress.:smile:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    They say that it takes a while for our minds to catch up with the image we see in the mirror. Not sure whether it's true or not, but I can relate with you pretty well. At times I see SOME result, and other times, I still see me at my original size (especially when TOM rears his ugly head and brings the bloat). Others see the chance of course, and the clothes fit differently.. but there's something with MY eyes and my messed up little head.
  • steamlita
    steamlita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. 60 pounds down, wearing smalls and mediums.... and i see myself in the mirror and just want to sit down and cry. Maybe it's like how you don't notice yourself grow up. You see yourself every day, so it's like nothing has changed, because it's little by little.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How is this for a strange reversal of what you're feeling. I had the opposite issue. I'd look in the mirror and feel great. I'd walk around in those clothes I swim in and feel great! I'd try on smaller clothes and feel GREAT! People would compliment my progress...and I'd feel on top of the world!

Then I had my fiancee take a couple of progress pictures. When I sat down and compared them to old pictures, I could see a difference...but it was nowhere NEAR what it felt like when I looked in the mirror. When I look at photos of myself, even 40 out of 100 pounds gone, all I see is fat.

Its a strange, strange feeling. My brain tells me I'm much skinnier, but my eyes tell me I have gotten nowhere. And when I don't look at photos of myself, I go right back to feeling great! I'm not quite sure where all this will lead me as I get closer to goal weight, but absolutely NOTHING will derail me! All I can do is hope that one day my eyes will catch up with my body!
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    Constant struggle for me, but hang in there. If I have to, you have to. :D