Father's Day (US) - What are you doing?

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
Father's day is coming up in the US this Sunday. Curious what you all are doing either for your father, father in law, husband (yes, I know he's not your daddy), favorite uncle, etc.

I can't say, since my husband is a member here, but I did get him something cool that I think he will like. He better anyway.... :wink:

Oh, and we are going camping, so he will get to go fishing, so that's good, too.

Replies

• johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    golf with 2 other fathers. Then BBQ with all sorts of family at my house.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    My father, I may send a "Go *kitten* yourself" card, and my daughters father I will make breakfast + beer in bed, plus a small gift.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    My father, I may send a "Go *kitten* yourself" card, and my daughters father I will make breakfast + beer in bed, plus a small gift.

I didn't know Hallmark had those cards. I may have to go find one for my ex....
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Father, Father-in-law, and Husband: we're all going canoeing :) Add bbq and beer post floating down the river and ammo for gifts. This is a recipe that has not failed for years.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My father passed away about 8 years ago, so I will spend a little time remembering the good times I spent with him.

I did make a cute little digital scrapbook for my son with pictures of his two little boys. But dummy me, I forgot to order it sooner, so he may not be getting it until next weekend. :tongue:
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am having my in laws over for a nice dinner. My father in law is the closest thing I have to a father.
    I made my husband a couple of gifts from the kids and some cards. Nothing real special or fancy.
    My husband says it is a made up holiday. Fine with my we can just celebrate my birthday. :smile:
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Usually, I go golfing with my dad, brother and brother in law. My brother and brother in law are both doing something else this year, so it sounds like I might go with my dad and my two boys (10 and 8). Though my dad and I are now feuding so it might just be me and the boys. :grumble:
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Hubby has been fighting a losing battle with our yard, so I've hired a lawn service to take over :)

My kids have one grandpap left, and we're going to visit him with the homemade cards that mean so much more than Hallmark and take him to lunch :)