Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Made from white potatoes!? Everyone knows white carbs are the bad ones
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire 3 oz bag of chili lime popchips yesterday. Gluten free and vegan (I'm allergic to dairy) is even more important than the health factor for me. Nom nom nom.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I like them. They are lower in fat and calories, but yes they are still highly processed foods. I indulge now and then in a little bag, because it's only about 100 calories. If I bought the big bag I wouild probably not be able to put them down:noway:

Salt and Vinegar is my fave
  • Rhiannon723
    Options
    I prefer kellogs cracker chips. 110 fro 27 chips n they are really good. I havent tried the pop chips though.

Me too, they are the best especially the southwest ranch!!!
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I don't like them. They taste like rice cakes to me.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows white carbs are the bad ones

Racist
  • kmmicco
    kmmicco Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have not tried these yet, but I'm in love with Sour Cream and Onion Special K Cracker Chips! So if you find the pop chips to not be as healthy, or you just want to try something else, I would highly recommend the cracker chips!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I tried the kettle corn flavored ones. Sweet and salty fix in one.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Popchips are awesome. We like the BBQ the best!

My hubby LOVES the bbq flavor pop chips. I prefer Sensible Solutions veggie straws, myself. Dipped in a little ranch sauce, they are the BOMB!! :love: Calorie-wise, they're only slightly better than regular chips. But they're lower in fat so slightly healthier. And we seem to be able to eat only a serving at a time, whereas with regular chips we would just sit down with the bag.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire 3 oz bag of chili lime popchips yesterday. Gluten free and vegan (I'm allergic to dairy) is even more important than the health factor for me. Nom nom nom.
    Love the chili lime variety! :love: BBQ is my other fave. Trader Joe's makes their own popped chips in plain & BBQ - just as good and they cost less. :drinker:
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    They're nutritionally void empty calories made of processed carbs. Better off just avoiding that kind of stuff if you want to lose weight. If you're going to snack on chips, might as well have the real thing.

EDIT: the flavoring on these types of chips will fool your body into thinking it's getting nutrients when it's not. you have to wonder what the does to your pallet and appetite in the long run.