Excessive Hair Loss-How To Reverse It?

Options
124»

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Shoot if your a guy you experience that problem either after you hit the ripe age of 18 or your get married :happy: :laugh:
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Shoot if your a guy you experience that problem either after you hit the ripe age of 18 or your get married :happy: :laugh:

Mega LOL! :laugh:
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. Not only are you eating too little most of the time, WAY too little, your nutrition is really bad. You get almost no protein. Protein, vitamins A & E, and fat are essential for maintaining healthy skin and hair.

If you're not eating enough calories, you're not getting enough nutrition. I hope you will consider talking to a nutritionist.

I agree with this. I just looked at your diary as well. You are not properly fueling your body. Not only not enough calories, but all the wrong calories.
  • janemem
    Options
    I have had this problem in the past dieting. I have not this time and am eating a lot more protein than I did before. I don't know how much protein you eat but you might want to eat more of it.

Thanks for that. I am criminally low on protein but now I know it is something I intend to improve. :)
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Does anyone in the UK know what dose of Biotin will be enough? I looked in Tesco's earlier today but there were a few differing amounts so I didn't know what to buy.
    3000mcg/3mg is the standard dose for biotin
    You need both more fat (at minimum 30g daily) and protein and calories in general
  • janemem
    Options
    Does anyone in the UK know what dose of Biotin will be enough? I looked in Tesco's earlier today but there were a few differing amounts so I didn't know what to buy.
    3000mcg/3mg is the standard dose for biotin
    You need both more fat (at minimum 30g daily) and protein and calories in general

Thank you for that, do you know of any particular brand I should look out for or would a pharmacist be able to sell me a generic biotin supplement?
    As for the extra fat,protein and calories, I'm really gonna have to take pigeon steps because this goes against everything I've been doing (even though I know it's wrong).
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Normal hairloss can be up to 250 hairs a day for a healthy person and if you have long hair it's normal to see in in the plug hole or on a brush. But if your hair is thinning and going full and lifeless it's a sure indication of poor health and big getting enough vitamins and minerals.

There is no magic cure for hair loss but I agree with others in this thread if you are getting as little as 900 calories a day you aren't eating enough! If your hair still falls out a lit when you are doing that it's time to see a doctor for advice.

I worked for a big hair care company for 5 years and people always wanted a miracle product for this type of situation but it just doesn't exist. There are products out there which contain caffeine and you massage them into the scalp to help stimulate the blood supply to the scalp and promote healthier growth. But you need to feed your body too.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options

Mega LOL! :laugh:

WHy thank you
  • brendagangadin
    Options
    My hair is thin too. After you check out that it is not a medical problem, here are some vitamins that might help with your hair loss.
    Vitamins that will help are biotion, vitamin b complex, and vitamin K ( I read this on a msn article)
    Personally I have tried the bition and have not notice a difference. And don't forget hair takes about 4 months to see new hair growth, so don't get discourage.

Also in the mean time, I am not sure if I can mention it here, but there something called topik a powder you put in your hair to disgusie the hair thinning works like miracle. My hair dresser told me about it.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Thanks!