face shape?

Options
katnohat
katnohat Posts: 43 Member
I am going to get a haircut soon and I have no idea what I want to get, so I was trying to find one online, but I can't tell what my face shape is. Do any of you know?

106bx29.jpg

P.S. excuse the lack of makeup/general caring about looks

(also, do you think face shape makes that big a difference with haircuts?)

Replies

• obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i'm no expert... but it looks like you have a square face shape :)

found this information online for people with your face shape....

• A style, which is feathered at the top and soft around your ears, is an instant disguise for a square jaw. As a rule of thumb: if a stylist suggests a cut that's above your jaw line, go elsewhere. Really short cuts will exaggerate the squareness of your face shape.

• Fine hair? A long poker-straight cut is absolutely perfect and soooo flattering for a wide jaw.

• If you have curly hair, coax soft, sexy, textured layers around your face to soften your strong features.

• Your fringe options: Most hair types, except curly, will be able to take a fringe that touches the eyebrows and which is longer and layered at the sides. But if your hair's thick or frizzy, layer the fringe throughout to thin it out. Look at the way Victoria Beckham does a great job of disguising her square jaw: she simply sweeps fine pieces of hair just over her forehead and eyes.

• Colour you sexy: Lightening hair all around the face will soften a square face.

Avoid
    Long straight styles that accentuate square jawbone. "Linear" straight bangs or center parts. A straight bob ending at the jaw line is the wrong thing to do for your face shape. You can wear a layered bob, however it should end above or below the jaw line. Make sure in styling that you achieve some roundness to the shape and some height at the crown or bangs, and you will be on the right track.

Other Square face celebrities include:
    Kristin Scott Thomas Holly Marie Combs Sandra Bullock Demi Moore Isabella Rosellini
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Heart shaped IMO. And yes it does matter. Good luck!!!
  • Lindseyfay21
    Options
    My first thought was heart shaped :)
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    My first thought was heart shaped :)

agree!!
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would agree on heart shaped. The best thing to do is bring photos of hairstyles that you like (from magazines or whatever) to your hair stylist and show him/her the types of styles you like. Then have them suggest a style. They're usually right. And, if they're not, it's just hair and it'll grow back! If you're trying something new, it "pays" to go to a higher-end stylist even though it might cost more. Their reputation is really on the line then.
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    I'd think you had a soft morph between square and heart. Your jaw is stronger than most hearts and your chin is more delicate than many squares. That said, you have a very symmetrical and balanced face so you can just about get anything, in my opinion.

Try that same photo here:

http://www.taaz.com/

super fun. =D