Running shoe opinions?!

Options
13»

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I have started running 5-6 days a week in the last month. I mainly either run around a track or around an outdoor path. Usually do 2-4 miles per day. I need opinions on good shoes! I like the new lightweight shoes, like Nike Free. I am a huge Nike fan but I'm open to other brands if they are better!

NB Minimalist are what I rock right now.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Sound advice!! I've been running marathons for years, and I was fitted for Asic Kayanos.
    [/quote]

Love Love Love my Kayanos!!!!! Saving my money for some 18's!
  • OSU_Sarah
    OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I ran my first 5k last night and have decided to go with the specialty shoe store fitting as soon as I can make the trip to the nearest big city. Thanks for all the opinions and information!!
  • cdftw
    cdftw Posts: 2
    Options
    I swear by Asics.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Ditto what everyone else said go to a good shoestore that may even specialize in running. In my area theres running fit all the employees there run. I have tried other brands but New Balance seem to be the best fit for me if you really want to know specifics New Balance 860. Also when I started i just wore a size 12 becouse thats what I always wore but my feet were alwasy sore and break in really hurt my feet. I went to a speciality store and I was wearing the wrong size shoe now I wear a size 13 and no issues.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Yep, your running store should suggest a couple different brands of shoes, usually go with the one that feels more comfortable.

I don't really like Nike as a company sometimes, but damn my Nike running shoes are the best ones I've ever had. And they were cheaper than most of the similar ones I tried on. But these days I'm leaning toward shoes with a lower heal-to-toe drop.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Have you running style evaluated but a reputable running store. At least use this site to determine what you need.

http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Even with an hour drive, it's worth the trip. The shoes I had in mind when I got to the store did not fit my feet well AT ALL. The New Balance sneakers I ended up with were not on my radar at all until I tried them on. Feet are very individual and varied things! It will be worth the drive, and once you do find the sneakers that fit you perfectly, you don't need to keep getting fitted. Just keep buying the same shoe, even online. let us know how it goes :)
  • anewmeforever
    Options

Sound advice!! I've been running marathons for years, and I was fitted for Asic Kayanos.

Love Love Love my Kayanos!!!!! Saving my money for some 18's!

Kayanos for LIFE!! lol :happy:
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store such as Fleet Feet to get fitted appropriately for the right running shoes