Interval training vs Steady State; Fat Burning Zones

Options
2»

Replies

• mild12
    mild12 Posts: 1
    Options
    That's for the great advice! I'm trying to fat burn as much as possible at the moment using the Steps Machine, Cross Trainer and Rowing Machine. Would you be able to help me out with any tips on how to increase fat burn and what excercises, food are best for me at the moment? Aming for trim and lean at the moment! :smile:
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I eat at maintenance as i was losing muscle on a deficit & my weight was stalling. I'm doing okay now. So, would you reccomend doing HiIT before lifting heavy? Or would it be as effective if i was to do it late in the day?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    HIIT and strength should probably be done on diffferent days as both have an impact on your central nervous system.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    HIIT (treadmill intervals) is my only form of cardio, I've had great results, but I only do it on days I am not lifting or only lifting arms/shoulders. IMO, you can't do legs or back with HIIT, both are so intense on the legs and back.
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info :D
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be copying this and distributing it to my step class participants. We work interval training during step and I'm big on telling them to take full advantage of the active rest and really push the high intensity to the max for the most benefit. They look at their hrm and think "but if I keep this thing up at 1xx, instead of letting it drop down I'll burn less calories." They don't finish that sentence with the " . . . for now, but more later."
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    This is such great info! Though it may not apply to me so much right now as I have a lot to lose, I love learning new stuff. Hopefull, I'll be able to apply this one day. :happy:
  • tacree67
    tacree67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this excellent post. Useful information!
  • seasoul
    seasoul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have understood your explanation: thank you for that.
    However, there is something that I do not understand (and that makes a huge difference).

You have given the following example:
    "If you're running at 6mph and burning 10cals/min but burning 50% fat."

Here what is really confusing me: who says that at 10cals/min you burn 50%of fat?
    Who has established that number (50%)?
    Couldn't it be that at 10 cals/min you burn just 15% (or any other percentage) of fat?

I'm helpless at maths so am I missing something here?

Cheers
    :sad: