1/2 cup of flaxseed meal
3/4 cup of oatmeal..use the steel-cut if you can
1 1/2 cups of almond flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbs. cinnamon
Stevia or Splenda (to taste)
1/4 cup of Poly-D (optional)
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/4 cup of chopped almonds or pecans, etc..
1 tiny box of raisins (optional)
1/2 stick of butter, softened
Heavy cream (1/4 cup or so)

Preheat oven to 350

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Then cream in the butter until
evenly dispersed..Now, pour in the milk slowly..until it is about the consistency of a slightly wet cookie dough..(not really stiff).

Grease a 9 x 9 pan and pat the dough in the pan..Bake 30 minutes until
slightly brown on the top/edges..

If you like to have these crunchier, then cut up the bars and place them
on a cookie sheet at 300 degrees for 30 minutes until they are crunchy on
the outside..Then remove and cool..

Makes about 12..

Flax Seed And Nut Granola (Low-Carb)
(6 servings)

1 cup flax seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped almonds
1 stick of butter -- melted
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla powder (sugar and alcohol-free)
3 packets of Stevia or Splenda (or other sugar alternative)

In a large roasting pan, mix together flax seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut and nuts. Drizzle with melted butter. Stir in cinnamon, vanilla power and sugar substitute. Toast in the oven at 325 degees for a half hour, stiring every 5 or 10 minutes.

Granola -- Homemade

Recipe By : C Scott
Serving Size : 40 min Preparation Time
Categories : Breakfast

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

4 cups Textured Vegetable Protein -- can buy in bulk or Bob's Red Mill Brand)
4 t. cinnamon
8 T. Splenda
2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
2 cups chopped Pecans
2 cups chopped almonds or mac nuts
2 cups Flax Seeds

Combine the Textured Vegetable Protein, cinnamon, splenda in a plastic or glass container large enough to hold all the ingredients.

Toast the coconut, and nuts in a skillet until the coconut turns golden brown. Let cool.

Add toasted nut mixture to granule mixture,add lid and shake to mix.

10 servings of 1/4 cup each, 9 gr. carbs and 6 gr. fiber, total count 3 usuable carbs per serving and 17 gr. of protein.

Yield:
"2 1/2 quarts"

Exported from MasterCook *

Granola -- Bette's Flax/Granola Cereal

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

2 c almonds
2 c walnuts
1 c coconut
2 c sunflower seeds
1 c pumpkin seeds
8 c flax meal
16 tsp Just Whites
16 T water
1 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp stevia
2 T cyclamate liquid

Put all nuts/seeds in a large bowl.
Whip the Just Whites with the cream of tartar till pretty stiff. Add the AS, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Mix into dry ingred, bake 250 for 3 hours or so. This resulted in 17 cups, or 34 1/2 c servings. I
use 1/8 c heavy cream and water to make like a milk for over this.
Nutrition info per 1/2 c: 17.9 g carbs, 14.8 g fiber, 3.1 ecc, 13.3 g protein

Source:
"Bette -- Low Carb Friends"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 5152 Calories; 459g Fat (74.9% calories from fat); 186g Protein; 160g Carbohydrate; 82g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 9 1/2 Grain(Starch); 22 Lean Meat; 1 Fruit; 79 Fat.

* Exported from MasterCook *

• Granola -- Piekinn's

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 15 Preparation Time :0:00

1 lb. golden flax seed meal
1 c. slivered almonds
1 c. unsweetend shredded coconut
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 c. vanilla s/f syrup
6 egg whites
Dried blueberries

Mix dry stuff in one bowl and wet stuff in separate bowls, then mix together. Spread this out on a jellyroll pan and bake at 200-250 for about 3 hours. Every hour take a fork and break-up any large bits. Cool completely before you store it.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 232 Calories; 17g Fat (62.9% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 34mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.

NOTES : (From Escribe)
Nutr. Assoc. : 900577 0 399 0 0 0 0

GRANOLA

2 c. textured vegetable protein (TVP)
1 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. sliced almonds
4 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. brown sugar twin
2 Tbsp. Splenda

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Mix TVP, coconut, pecans and almonds and spread on cookie sheet. Mix cinnamon, brown sugar twin and Splenda well and sprinkle over cereal mix. Stir. Toast in oven till coconut begins to brown. (Smells great!) Stir occasionally.

I added 1 cup chopped walnuts and 1 cup flax seeds.

Per 1/2 cup serving; 18 grams carbs and 14 grams fiber

We use 1/4 cup cream with 1/4 cup ice water over poured over this.

Yum! Thanks to Carolyn F. for the inspiration. This is my tweaked version. I make mine with a 2-3 oz splash of heavy cream with water as my "milk". I also add a drop of liquid sweetener to my "milk."
COLD CEREAL (LIKE GRANOLA)
2 C textured vegetable protein (TVP) (I use Whole Foods bulk brand - lowest carbs)
1 C unsweetened dried shredded coconut
1 C shopped pecans
1 C sliced almonds
4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. concentrated liquid sweetener
1 TBS Brown Sugar Twin
Preheat oven to 300 degrees
Mix coconut, pecans, and almonds together and place on a baking sheet and toast in oven until coconut starts to brown. Remove and add TVP. In a separate small bowl mix cinnamon and liquid sweetener until well mixed. Add Brown Sugar Twin to cinnamon mixture and mix well. Place baking sheet ingredients and cinnamon mixture in a plastic lidded or ziplock container. Shake until well mixed.
Makes 12 - 1/2 C servings (somehow the volume increases when it is all mixed together to yield more servings)
Per serving; Cals 273; gr Fat 21; gr Carbs 18; gr Fiber 14; net carbs 4; gr Protein 16

I make my own homemade granola. Here's the recipe...

Even amounts of

Chopped almonds (raw)
chopped pecans (raw)
chopped walnuts (raw)
raw shelled pumpkin seeds
raw shelled sunflower seeds
unsweetened shredded coconut

Optional - (toast mixture in a shallow pan in your oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees)

I make a huge batch and eat about 3/4 cup a day with a dash of heavy cream and water (as milk). Sweeten with Davinci sugar-free vanilla syrup. I also add 2 tbsp. of ground flaxseed. You can also add ground cinnamon for extra flavoring.

I don't know the exact carb count at this moment (I'm away from home). An approximate count for 1/2 cup of this mixture is 6 ECC not including the flaxseed.

I buy the nuts at my local Sam's club and the raw shelled seeds and coconut online The total cost per pound comes out to be approx. $2.50 which is much cheaper than grocery store granola.

Sweet, Crunchy Topping (or Granola)
1/2 c. almond flour
1/2 c. whey protein powder
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. sliced almonds
6 T. butter
3 packets Splenda
1/2 t. cinnamon

Mix all ingredients except butter together in bowl. Melt 1/2 of the butter, pour into bowl and stir, forming crumbs. Melt the rest of the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and dump crumb mixture in. Stir and toast until nicely browned. Be careful, it seems to burn fairly easily. I think maybe the whey is what wants to burn. As you stir and toast, the sliced almonds break into smaller pieces and seem very much like oatmeal in the finished product.

Replies

• shansd
    shansd Posts: 48
    these are awesome, have you tried them all?
    which is your favorite?
    do you know any of the calorie contents?
    and do you know if there is an alternative to using butter?
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    these are awesome, have you tried them all?
    which is your favorite?
    do you know any of the calorie contents?
    and do you know if there is an alternative to using butter?

The ones I have calorie contents for are listed. I focus more on carbs and the type of carbs that I eat, so calories don't matter to me.................

As for an alternative to butter, I would only use coconut oil in place of the butter. Either one will taste good. Butter is not bad for you, BTW.

My favorite is this one, you can substitute different dried fruit for the blueberries, but the carb and sugar count will be higher. I have used chopped up dried apricots, apples, dried cranberries.
    • Granola -- Piekinn's

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 15 Preparation Time :0:00

1 lb. golden flax seed meal
    1 c. slivered almonds
    1 c. unsweetend shredded coconut
    1 T. pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 c. vanilla s/f syrup
    6 egg whites
    Dried blueberries

Mix dry stuff in one bowl and wet stuff in separate bowls, then mix together. Spread this out on a jellyroll pan and bake at 200-250 for about 3 hours. Every hour take a fork and break-up any large bits. Cool completely before you store it.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 232 Calories; 17g Fat (62.9% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 34mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
  • shansd
    shansd Posts: 48
    thanks!
    I know that butter is not bad for you in small quantities, but I am watching my calories and it packs a high punch in that area that's for sure.
  • July24Lioness
    thanks!
    I know that butter is not bad for you in small quantities, but I am watching my calories and it packs a high punch in that area that's for sure.

Maybe make it loose and store in an air tight container.

A handful on some yogurt or a handful to snack on will not put that many calories per serving.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    ~~~~Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 5152 Calories; 459g Fat (74.9% calories from fat); 186g Protein; 160g Carbohydrate; 82g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 9 1/2 Grain(Starch); 22 Lean Meat; 1 Fruit; 79 Fat. ~~~~~

What the heck is the serving size??
  • July24Lioness
    ~~~~Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 5152 Calories; 459g Fat (74.9% calories from fat); 186g Protein; 160g Carbohydrate; 82g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 9 1/2 Grain(Starch); 22 Lean Meat; 1 Fruit; 79 Fat. ~~~~~

What the heck is the serving size??

17 cups, or 34 1/2 c servings
This discussion has been closed.