am i doing enough?

Options
skinyZ
skinyZ Posts: 89 Member
hi, i am planning on doing 30 mins of zumba everyday and 80 mins of walking 1- 2 times a week, can anyone tell me if this is enough exercise to lose weight?

I haven't done any regular exercise until now and i will eventually do more when i feel like this routine is too easy, i just want to know if its worth me starting out with this combined with a calorie controlled diet.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes primarily from diet, and fitness comes from exercise. Combined with teh right diet, you're fine.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!
  • jiggalude
    jiggalude Posts: 53
    Options
    I started with 3 45-60 minute workouts a week, and now do 6-7 60-180 minute workouts a week. When I started that was all I had the energy for, now with better eating and pushing myself to the next level, I can go longer and stronger. I also burn more calories now per class, as well. My gym offers TONS of group fitness classes and I find that they keep me the most motivated and push me the most. I like to do Zumba, and several different Les Mills programs: BodyJam, Sh'BAM, BodyCombat, BodyPump(for weight training), and BodyAttack. The variety helps keep the interest, and the relationships with other members and the instructors give me a sense of accountability, which helps me get there when I'd rather stay home. lol. Overall, start where you're comfortable and build! You'll know what you can handle and eventually get a good routine that works for you. Most importantly, do something that you can stick with or add to.
  • skinyZ
    skinyZ Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    thanks for your replies, its just that i heard somewhere that you don't really burn any calories unless you exercise past 40 mins :/
    at the moment i do feel like I'm getting a workout, as in, i feel the burn LOL! so i guess its all good.

jiggalude, you are right its important to do what i can stick to and add to, its whats been a part of my problem in the past, i always do too much then give up! so I'm gonna continue with this for as long as i feel comfortable, thanks again