Electronic VS the Old Fashioned Paper kind

Options
katiebythebay
katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
Electronic version or old fashioned paper with binding?

(I grew up old school but I'm finding the electronic books interesting.)

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Adrastus
    Adrastus Posts: 3
    Options
    I love ebooks for the most part, only issue is with pdf files (using nook ereader and my current computer book has alot of charts/pics) If I wanna see any of them I have to load it up on the desktop... or get a tablet : /
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    There are some books I like to read in the traditional format (particularly those with photos). However, for the most part, I've switched to digital, using my Nook. I take mine to work with me every day, and read while I'm eating lunch. It's so nice to be able to lay the Nook on the table to read, keeping both hands free. Then there's the storage issue - I don't have to worry about finding a place to store all the books I read. It's also very handy for borrowing books from the library - I can download a book whenever I want.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love the old fashioned paper, its easier on my eyes especially and why stare at another electronic device all day in addition to cell phones and computers and tvs. Also just opening a book and being able to experience that new books smell, flipping pages as you're getting to the good part, the bends and folds in the spine shows how many times you've read it. I don't like ebooks at all.
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    I love the old fashioned paper, its easier on my eyes
    Actually, the e-readers that use e-ink are just as easy on your eyes as paper. I find no difference between it and a paper book. Now the ones that are backlit, like an iPad or a Nook Color, are definitely harder on my eyes, which is why I don't use those.
  • torylinnangel
    Options
    I prefer the old fashioned way of reading. I always will. I don't really have a reason...
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    I like books. Old musty books. I love searching for them in hidden nooks and in old dusty shops. I like turning pages, I like messages written in the front long ago. I like to imagine the other people that have read the book, I pride in my collection of books in my bookshelf.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    paper all the way. how else am I going to get paper cuts that turn into manly scars?
    last I heard chicks dig a guy with scars >.>
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Both. I had a Sony till it died.:sad: I've now got a Kindle, love it. Great for holidays. Hallf my suitcase used to be books, now I just take my Kindle.
    Don't get me wrong I still love 'real' books. But due to lack of storage I just buy paper books by authors I collect. Everything else I get in ebook format.
    Mind you it's had no effect on my secondhand bookshop habbit. I still dive into every bookshop I see. It's an additction.:embarassed: :laugh: