Xbox Dance Workouts!

Options
Hey, thinking of buying a kinect sensor for my xbox 360 so I can get zumba and dance central! Has anyone tried any of these games? Looks like a fun way of burning calories! :D

Replies

• GoddessSybele
    GoddessSybele Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I have the Dance Central one and it's TONS OF FUN once you get the hang of it. You can jump right into it or have the game 'teach' you the dance routine (and from there slow it down even more if necessary) but once you've done it for awhile you start to learn the little icons well enough that you can just dance without the lesson first.

I've found it to be a great workout. It's hard to measure calories without any sort of fancy device but I think dripping in sweat during the game and being sore the next day is a good indicator of a good work out.

Also, I've found it's fun to have a friend join you and alternate dancing songs. You can even 'compete' to see who gets the best score and you don't even notice that you are working out. Kind of like how people will get together to play Rock Band or Guitar Hero--Dance Central works just as well if not better because you are getting a work out in at the same time. =)
  • Stargirlsmiles88
    Stargirlsmiles88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use Just Dance 3 for the Kinect and love it! They had a sweat points mode that is pretty neat. I use it everyday!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I love mine!! I have Zumba, Dance Central and Just Dance 3 and they are all a great workout - a great burn and loads of fun. And you can involve other, friends and family for a great time as you burn calories.
    Plus you can get a great workout with the other games as well. There are also several "workout" games - fitness evolved and I think Jillian has one now.
  • Natmooo
    Natmooo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks for all your feedback! :D Think I'm going to treat myself to one! :)