Close to goal.. best way to up cals?

Options
I am shooting for 120lbs as my ultimate goal weight, and am currently at 124. For the last 4lbs I'd prefer to gradually increase my cals and lose at a slow and steady pace rather than continue at my current rate and suddenly increase my calorie intake all at once just to maintain my weight. What would you suggest as the best way to slowly introduce calories back into my diet? Should I introduce an extra snack each day or just slightly increase my portions at each meal? General suggestions for moving from weight loss to weight maintenence mode?

Replies

• melry77
    melry77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you are already eating, but maybe just try increasing the calories in the food you are already eating? Switch to full fat dairy one week. Then when you feel comfortable, find a hardy multi grain bread at about 130 cal per slice. Those will add quite afew extra, healthy calories.
  • ilovegreg05
    ilovegreg05 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Depending on your current intake just 50-100 calories per day and adjust as needed.

If you're already low on protein add it protein, but if your fine with protein and fats, add 25grams of carbs in each day to your macro-nutrient intake.