Tennis Players- Before and After

Options
Bearface115
Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
Hello!

My husband and I are wanting to start playing tennis tomorrow! What is everyone's experience with weight loss with tennis?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how high your heart rate gets and stays, which means many calories you burn.

Best bet is to get a heart rate monitor if you want to know for sure how many cals you are burning at a particular activity. Average estimators tend to be very inaccurate...
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Tennis is an excellent sport for weight loss 'cause it pretty much requires the movements of your entire body AND all the running around keeps your heart rate up.

I agree with the above poster, you don't really know how many calories you're burning at any given moment, it all depends... but don't let that keep you from playing, cause tennis is fun! Just play hard, keep hydrated and have fun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!