SWEATING

Options

Replies

• bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Sweating is very important, it's your body's way of cooling you down while you're working out.

Sweat is not an indication of how many calories you're burning or how hard you're working, only that your body temp is rising. However, it is an indication of fitness when you sweat like a pig, efficient cooling is something your body learns as you work out more.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Sweating really doesn't mean anything either way from a workout effectiveness point of view.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m23nrt9TJp1qzz4z4o1_1280.jpg

That's what I keep reminding myself.

When it starts I know my im getting my work out in.
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I sweat when I am not working out, and when I say sweat I meant sweat, So imagine how it is when i work out.
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options

I love this!
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yea i didnt even think just now about all the times i sweat when im not working out. i like to avoid shirts that go up too much in my armpit during spring summer time because i sweat way more and i hate sweat stains LOL
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    All I know is I feel way better about my workout when I'm dripping with sweat!
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sweating can be an okay proxy for working hard, but some people sweat when they take the steps (and I don't mean because they're out of shape), and some people don't sweat much at all unless they are running a half marathon.

Two thoughts.

Exercising and "working hard" are not always the same thing. A long walk can be good exercise (with more of a light sheen than sweat), but isn't always "working hard."

But if working out hard is your aim, and you have to ask "was my work out hard?" then it probably wasn't. When I work out hard, there is absolutely no mistaking it. Whether you are sweating buckets or not.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Sweating can be an okay proxy for working hard, but some people sweat when they take the steps (and I don't mean because they're out of shape), and some people don't sweat much at all unless they are running a half marathon.

Two thoughts.

Exercising and "working hard" are not always the same thing. A long walk can be good exercise (with more of a light sheen than sweat), but isn't always "working hard."

But if working out hard is your aim, and you have to ask "was my work out hard?" then it probably wasn't. When I work out hard, there is absolutely no mistaking it. Whether you are sweating buckets or not.

That really depends on fitness level. I can walk 3mph for a half hour and I am huffing and dripping sweat afterward. For me, at my weight and fitness level, that IS a hard workout. For others, it's a leisurely stroll.

Also, sometimes it's just hot. If the temperature is hot where you are, you're gonna sweat whether you're working or not. It's really just a cooling system.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    WATER. You can't sweat if you're not drinking enough! True, some don't sweat as much as others, and if you have diabetes or other ailments, that can certainly have an effect, but always make sure you're adequately hydrated!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I need to find this chick's mascara. I look more like this when I'm done working out- with waterproof mascara!
    best_waterproof_mascara1.jpg

ETA: I had some dude compliment my sweating during weight lifting. Ha!
  • sustop5
    sustop5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sweating is very important, especially while doing cardio. Sweating is a way of releasing heat from your body; if you are not able to release heat by sweating you may feel faint because of over heating. If you are doing weight training you may not sweat much because your heart rate is lower, especially if you rest between sets.
  • FrauHausMaus
    FrauHausMaus Posts: 194
    Options
    I don't know how important it is, but I loooove sweating!! I brag about my sweat, show it off to my friends. I get sweat envy when I see really sweaty people at the gym.

Sorry.... I'm gross :blushing:
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options

I need to find this chick's mascara. I look more like this when I'm done working out- with waterproof mascara!
    best_waterproof_mascara1.jpg

ETA: I had some dude compliment my sweating during weight lifting. Ha!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    i thinks sweat is just water lost!!! drink it back!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I sweat tons when I'm working out! :ohwell:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweater and glad, makes me feel like I got a good workout in.........love it dripping off me.......:)
  • Cindylou321
    Options
    I hate to sweat.. it feels gross.. so I just keep telling myself its fat melting away so I can stand it.. I have heard I may get to where I like this sweat running down my face and back feeling but I doubt it..
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I sweat when I sleep its crazy! and annoying. I do drink a gallon of water daily and my metabolism is super high. However this just started happening to me when I changed my diet for the better so I am hoping it goes away when I begin my weight gain phase and stabilize my weight. "Night sweats" suck!
  • batgreen
    batgreen Posts: 66
    Options
    I love to sweat!!!!! Makes me feel like I accomplished my goal.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    sweathogs.jpg