Macro Nutrients

Options
So I have my diet set at 35-Carbs 30-Protein and 35-Fat. I've read several different places that we need about a .3-.5 grams of fat for every pound of body weight. these numbers would put me at about 73g of fat and my weight is about 203. I also read that we want about .5-.8 grams of protein for every pound of fat, so this has me at about 140 grams of protein.

any idea on if this is ok for my diet and exercising? i lift about 3 days a week and do boxing about 3-4 days a week with 1 day of rest. i try to keep the carbs a little higher so that i can keep up the energy. My goal is fat loss. i'm about 28% bf and trying to get down to the teens.

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Ratios/percentages don't always work well. Set a moderate deficit, eat 1g protein per lb, 40-60g of fat, and the rest carbs.
    I also read that we want about .5-.8 grams of protein for every pound of fat
    I hope this is a typo.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    my apologies...that was suppose to be per pound of body weight. i read protein goal is about 80% of your weight.

That 40-60g of fat is good for my weight or just overall? I have my ratio at about 500 deficit and i try to make sure i'm eating back the calories within 250. i try to not go over 800 calorie deficit.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat back calories if you don't want to. It's simpler to just set an absolute moderate deficit (i.e. 15%). Although this is assuming you're not going overboard with training. The 73g of fat isn't a big deal for your weight either, but it's certainly on the higher end. Make sure to get about 10g of that from fish oils.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    I know....i keep telling myself I need to pick up the fish oil supplement because I only eat fish maybe once a week. I've been adding in almonds in the morning and night. Also started adding chia seeds in the morning to my shake.