Nutritional Yeast - What to eat it with?

Options
sarah44254
sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
I have tried nutritional yeast on eggs, it was great but a lot of yeast to a little bit of egg.

Have you tried it with cottage cheese? Does it mix into drinks or is it better as a food? It seems almost chewy, is it best to mix with similarly chewy foods?

I've heard it is great on popcorn but I haven't gotten any of that yet.

I have a medium sized tub of this stuff, and I know it is rather tasty! I want to use it up. What are your favorite ways to eat it?

Replies

• FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    mmm on popcorn is great!
    I also use it on things that usually require parmesan lol; spaghetti sauces, soups, etc... Even on salads! :-)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I make a "cheese" sauce with it for a vegan Mac and cheese yum. There is a good recipe in the veganomicon cookbook.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    ohh, as a cheese! great idea.
  • chelkins16
    chelkins16 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I make a sauce using nutritional yeast, mustard and water. It is delicious for breakfast if you put a poached egg on a piece of toast drizzle some of the sauce on it and add lettuce, tomato, sprouts (whatever you desire over top) and eat. My mom used to make it growing up and it is my favorite breakfast of all time.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle on salad or you mix with salad dressing (apple cider vinegar/olive oil) to make your own dressing.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I just use it on popcorn. I do have a soup recipe with it in. I could picture sprinkling it in soups as a garnish, too.
  • southernpurplevegan
    southernpurplevegan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have Nutritional Yeast in my pantry i am going to try it over popcorn