weigh once a week or once a month?

Options
In my boot camp I my weight get taken every 4 weeks. But I have seen a lot of people on FP weigh in once a week. So I was wondering if weighing once a week helps any buddy more, then been weighed once a month?

Replies

• gatecityradio
    Options
    I weigh every 3-5 days.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I weight whenever I feel like
    but only record it 1 a month
    I think for women it makes more sense - your weight depend on menstrual cycle.
    For guys once a week is ok, altough if you have little to lose you can get discourage by no progress week to week
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I weigh, measure and check-in every day. I try to do it around the same time, always in the buff and I have to have the scales in precisely the same part of the floor each time (Ii know by the tile pattern, lol!).
    I also weigh 3 times and take the average as it generally varies by 0.25lb each time.
    I could never go as long as a week, let alone a month. :)
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    once a week.. usually on a saturday morning :)
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I weigh, measure and check-in every day. I try to do it around the same time, always in the buff and I have to have the scales in precisely the same part of the floor each time (Ii know by the tile pattern, lol!).
    I also weigh 3 times and take the average as it generally varies by 0.25lb each time.
    I could never go as long as a week, let alone a month. :)

Lol thisss!!!!
  • kgibson2901
    kgibson2901 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every 3 - 4 days but only record it once a week, then do measurements once a month. Both are always done first thing in the morning. Works for me, but hey everyone is different...:smile:
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Once a week usually on a Monday (keeps me from getting crazy on the weekend with going out to eat and such when the hubby is home).
  • 10kg6months
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once or twice a week, but I found that waiting even two weeks between weigh ins would show a bigger drop in number and thus motivate me more.
  • fuck3you4LL
    Options
    weigh myself everyday, but record it only once a week or every two weeks
  • LosingFat4Gd
    Options
    I weigh approx once every 3 weeks & try to avoid the week before / week Im on my period.
    EG I weighed last week &had a loss, weighed this week & was the same. But then I measured my waist and Ive lost 2.5 inches since starting MFP (65 days ago).
    So while weight is important, take your measurements. Knowing i'd lost inches pleased me despite not losing any weight this week. I lose weight slowly & dont want to be driven mad by what the scale says.
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Get on the scales most days, but record it once a week using my wii fit weight, as my bathroom scales can vary loads by being stood slightly different.
    If I leave it more than a week I stray too much. I do take into account the time of the month, but more to not get disheartened if I having done as hoped
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me, measurements once a month. Too much fluctuation otherwise and I couldn't wait a month :)