Shamed via Facebook.

Options
13»

Replies

• dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I hate that tag feature! I was mortified enough to actually ask my sister-in-law to delete the photo. Very embarrassing but hey, when I get to my goal weight I am going get new photos taken of me looking terrific and spam the hell out of facebook.

Good luck on your journey :)
  • pookeyism
    pookeyism Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that took a picture of me with a AK-47 I had helped to restore - he didn't see anything wrong with me, he was showing off the gun, lol - or Grrrr!

Things have changed! I ought to take another pic with "Sissy" - my AK-47.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Been there too! Welcome to MFP - and best of luck as you move toward your goal! Feel free to add me (that goes for any of you!).
  • fervc60
    fervc60 Posts: 70
    Options
    I got motivated when I was buying clothes and the store had (evil) full length mirrors. It was shocking. Good luck to you.
  • NatGnat
    NatGnat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My moment of "shame" was not recognizing my own butt in a security monitor as I walked into a grocery store. I was looking at the monitor thinking "dang that girl has a big butt and is shaking it! ..and she's wearing my shirt.. omg that's me!" Since then I lost about 27 lbs but recently gained 10 back when I switched jobs. I want to lose the 10 (maybe more?) and tone up.
  • tlamarch
    tlamarch Posts: 105
    Options
    whats the weight of a Stone?
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I totally know about the power of camera shame... I have _always_ said I hate pictures and joke that it was because pictures stole my soul... When deep down it's because I clearly did not like what the camera captured. >_< Some day the camera will be my friend. :) Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I am a 37 year old guy based in the North West of England. My weight has been creeping up over the past 3 years or so. I was in good shape back then, but have let myself go to the point that at my heaviest, I am weighing just over 14 stone. I keep telling myself that I need to sort myself out, however not even the top button on my work trousers bursting a couple of weeks ago was enough to spur me into action.

Two nights ago though, I was in the pub with a friend of mine when he took a photo of me in the pub and uploaded it onto Facebook. I was mortified at how I looked and have vowed to make positive changes and downloaded this app.

Am hoping to lose around 2 stone (28 pounds) and also tone up.

I had a similar moment watching a holiday video!

Good luck on your journey - you must be feeling pretty bad now but it will get better (and I'm not just talking about that fact that you may well be a Liverpool fan like myself - or worse, an Everton fan!) ;)
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I had a picture taken, thing was i thought i looked good at the time, i was so gutted I looked dreadful! since then i kept thinking i need to get a picture of me at my biggest and put it on the fridge but havent really got the courage to do that yet!
    just remember moderation not deprivation, take each day as it comes and never feel guilty for eating treats, just exercise some more! Feel free to add another Northener :happy:
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I hate that tag feature! I was mortified enough to actually ask my sister-in-law to delete the photo. Very embarrassing but hey, when I get to my goal weight I am going get new photos taken of me looking terrific and spam the hell out of facebook.

Good luck on your journey :)

My sister-in-law takes heinous photos of me. I use to get so upset because she would never post the nice ones. Then I started to think "oh no, that is what I actually look like!" What a depressing moment.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    For the last couple years I have hated most pictures of me. I tried blaming it not being photogenic, bad lighting, etc. It took awile before I realized that is how I really look :frown:. So here I am on my second day and I'm full of hope for sucess!!

Good luck and please friend me if you would like!
  • Liverpool_Chris
    Liverpool_Chris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    whats the weight of a Stone?

Hi there, a stone is 14 pounds or 6.35 kg. We are still a bit archaic over in the UK.
  • Liverpool_Chris
    Liverpool_Chris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a 37 year old guy based in the North West of England. My weight has been creeping up over the past 3 years or so. I was in good shape back then, but have let myself go to the point that at my heaviest, I am weighing just over 14 stone. I keep telling myself that I need to sort myself out, however not even the top button on my work trousers bursting a couple of weeks ago was enough to spur me into action.

Two nights ago though, I was in the pub with a friend of mine when he took a photo of me in the pub and uploaded it onto Facebook. I was mortified at how I looked and have vowed to make positive changes and downloaded this app.

Am hoping to lose around 2 stone (28 pounds) and also tone up.

I had a similar moment watching a holiday video!

Good luck on your journey - you must be feeling pretty bad now but it will get better (and I'm not just talking about that fact that you may well be a Liverpool fan like myself - or worse, an Everton fan!) ;)

Thanks, yes I am a Liverpool fan indeed, although don't get to the game as often as I would like.
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - You'll find plenty of us Brits here - we are a friendly bunch and don't take ourselves too seriously.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Its hard to get a gripp in your mind what your really like, I thought i looked fine when i was a size 16 but I didnt. You have got to get into the right frame of mind and think no im not going to eat that cake. im not going to have that chinease etc. Eating out is my biggest downfall, so ive stopped that almost all together,unless i know what the nutritional is for what Im going to eat. I do see people of just normal weights and there eating cakes etc, pasties and i think how the hell are they like that, but then I remind myself they probs are not eating much else in a day. I love food and thing like caramel shortbreads from costa are devine but have very high cals in such a small treat, so now im keeping away from them, coz they just make me want more and more.
    If i have a blow out day I will be bad, and eat far too much, I know what im like, Ive counted it up before and ive eaten as much as 3000 in one day or more sometimes, so Ive stopped the days off too, they tempt me to eat more coz Im having the day off the diet thing.As your a bloke I would keep away from the bar and keep away from the old takeaways as you will consume huge amounts of calouries in both, good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you like.
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    IYA FELLOW LIVERPOOL PERSON
  • jendan44
    jendan44 Posts: 20
    Options
    Those photos do motivated many of us. Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    You can do it bud!

We all had that moment that prompts us to start losing weight!

Good luck!
  • GreenEyedLady1
    Options
    Welcome to you!

here's wishing you the best on getting to where you want to be! :flowerforyou: