2nd time round. Be my friend?

Options
Hi Everyone.
I successfully used MFP last year to lose 2 stone. My goal was more than this, but i decided that in order to keep up the exercise, I needed to quit smoking.
In order to do this, i gave up my diet, and focussed on the no smoking thing.
It worked, but I put on weight (I am happy with this, I allowed myself to to kick a 10 year habit, which i did 10 months ago :)

Anywhos, having friends on here really helped a lot last year, and i wondered if anyone wanted to be my friend. I will be there for you too to help motivate and share stories

Oh, by the way, I am female, 28 and from Watford, UK.

I have about 80+ pounds to lose

Replies

• gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    you can be my friend:flowerforyou:
  • jenntx2000
    jenntx2000 Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome back!

I have been here officially a week last night. So...I'm a newbie.

Feel free to add me and Good luck.

Congrats on the no smoking any more!
  • beeceezee
    beeceezee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can be my friend too!
    Congrats on quitting smoking.
  • xxclaire76xx
    Options
    hi i will add you as friend, i,ve been struggling too been a member since beginning of this year i have so far lost 17 pound but i have been yoyoing up and down for weeks .:)
    anyone else feel free too add me too.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Always happy to support people. Feel free to add me.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it! <=>
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking!

I am an ex-smoker too. I smoked for about 20 years and have now been "smoke free" for 4. It sure makes it harder to lose weight!

I know losing weight hard but just keep at it...you'll get there soon! In fact, I think it's easier to quit smoking lol.

Anyways, good luck to you with your journey!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Quitting smoking was hard for me too, and I gained like crazy. This site is the only thing that's actually worked for me, ever, so welcome back! :smile:
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on giving up smoking!!!

I'm currently watching my mum die of COPD, so despite the fact that you now have some weight to lose, you ABSOLUTELY made the right decision for yourself and all those who love you.

I would gladly be your friend. :drinker:
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I left MFP and came back again, feel free to add me :D
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm in UK and have been a bit erratic since I joined in Feb! Feel free to add me
  • ratmist
    ratmist Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    I'm on my second round of serious weightloss too. Congrats on quitting smoking, that's a major accomplishment. Feel free to add me if you'd like, I'm here most days logging my food and stuff.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking! :flowerforyou: If you can do THAT - you can do ANYTHING!! :happy:

I love meeting new people on MFP - I've been here a yr and a 1/2 - have only lost 10 lbs but I keep renewing my focus on a daily basis due to all the wonderful people here. My goal for this year is to lose 20 lbs by the end of October (my 50th birthday)
  • Neondragonfly
    Neondragonfly Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I would like a new friend. I'm from Uxbridge so we're from the same neck of the woods too!
    I have about 100 lbs to lose and I'm only 3 weeks into my weight loss journey. I've lost 6lbs so far. my next weigh in is tomorrow!!
    Let's lose weight together!!

Ciao 4 Now

Neon :)