Do Grains, Breads, And Cereals Have a Place in the Natural H

Options
2»

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    with all of this said....what's the concensus on oatmeal in the daily diet???

I can only speak for myself - I've cut WAY down on grains - mostly wheat - but still eat my 'oatmeal bananna pancake' a couple times of week at least. - and I can't find the link for it. :grumble:

But it's on the forums somewhere. I think it's this:

1 egg
    1/3 cup Oatmeal
    1 mashed up bananna

Mix all and cook in a pan coated with spray oil.

I did not come up with this recipe, I just very much enjoy it!
  • Hi all,

This was really fascinating to read. A few years ago, after leading a totally unhealthy lifestyle, I opted for a 'detox' plan which centred around eating as much fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, pulses/legumes and grains as you like, so that you never go hungry, but are eating natural, wholesome foods (no wheat, no meat/fish, no dairy and no alcohol). I followed this for 4 weeks (with no exercise at that time) and I lost around a stone, but more importantly I had never felt as good in all my life. I had bags of energy and clear, radiant skin, glossy hair, the list goes on!

Unfortunately I fell under bad influences and have started to slip into my old habits, but before I get that bad again, I have started the 4 week programme again. I'm on day 3 and have already lost 2 pounds, and am feeling better than I was last week, though I know I can feel better.

Reading this article has made me more motivated to continue with this, and I cannot stress just how much of an impact this way of eating has made on my quailty of life. I would urge anyone to try it, or at least incorporate aspects of it into their daily diets.

x
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    with all of this said....what's the concensus on oatmeal in the daily diet???

I can only speak for myself - I've cut WAY down on grains - mostly wheat - but still eat my 'oatmeal bananna pancake' a couple times of week at least. - and I can't find the link for it. :grumble:

But it's on the forums somewhere. I think it's this:

1 egg
    1/3 cup Oatmeal
    1 mashed up bananna

Mix all and cook in a pan coated with spray oil.

I did not come up with this recipe, I just very much enjoy it!

that sounds really good, ive got a frozen banana in the freezer, so im gonna try this
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    of all the back and forth about Atkins and low carb this article finally made sense.

Some food for thought. If we are made to eat it...........why is it so hard to eat??
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Let me add the disclaimer at the bottom of this article that was not written by Lioness

Published At: Isnare Free Articles Directory http://www.isnare.com
    Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=297530&ca=Wellness,+Fitness+and+Diet
    DISCLAIMER: All information, content, and data in this article are sole opinions and/or findings of the individual user or organization that registered and submitted this article at Isnare.com without any fee. The article is strictly for educational or entertainment purposes only and should not be used in any way, implemented or applied without consultation from a professional. We at Isnare.com do not, in anyway, contribute or include our own findings, facts and opinions in any articles presented in this site. Publishing this article does not constitute Isnare.com's support or sponsorship for this article. Isnare.com is an article publishing service. Please read our Terms of Service for more information.

I never said it was written by me. I posted this for people to read from articles I have been reading that supports by views and opinions for healthy living.