The Final Meltdown 8.14.09

Options
msh0530
msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
A bright and cheery good morning to all! I hope this finds you well, rested, and ready to tackle a weekend. I was up early and thought that I would start the thread today.

Today, it has finally happened again. I have to go to the grocery store. I hate grocery shopping! Anyway, I'm off to make my menu, list, and YUK, hunt for coupons. The good news is that my four year old grandson spent the night, so at least I will have good company! The bad news is that I have to wait for the plumber to show up before I can go. Does anyone know how much 62,000 gallons of water is going to cost me? Apparently that is how much we leaked while we were on vacation and a pipe developed a problem we didn't know about. Anyway, I hope they show up so I can get my water turned back on - this kind of stinks. At least it didn't leak anywhere in the house and nothing is ruined!

Have a fabulous Friday, and here's to smart choices!

Replies

• Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good morning Mary!

Wow.... you go away on vacation, and everything falls apart?!?! are you sure we're not related? You have my luck!

Pam & Smadag:

I hope you are both feeling better today!!

Well, I made my water goals yesterday as well as my cals. I walked and did core work yesterday, but didn't run or lift. Tuesday's legs workout is still causing me pain! I can barely sit, stand, walk etc without the reminder that i pushed a little too hard. I will ride for an hour and 15 this afternoon after work and work biceps/triceps. At least that is the plan, so long as no emergencies arise! (fingers crossed).

May you all have a wonderful weekend full of adventure/sleep (pick your desire)... I hope that i can pick up my bikes from the shop today so that i cna get a ride in~

ileana
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I did my strength class last night - either do kickboxing or run today. Stayed in my calories and got in all my water. I keep reading all these posts about less bread, less starch, etc...trying to figure out how to incorporate a more clean eating pattern. Mind you my eating is SO much better than it's ever been but I realize there's room for improvement.

Mary-OUCH - hope it all turns out ok. Enjoy your time with your grandson.

lleanak - you are a workout machine!

Pam and Kath - I hope today is a better day!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am feeling better than yesterday. I went home last night and laid on the couch and did not make the best choices but I blame TOM for my issues yesterday. I did meet my water goal for yesterday tho.

I am back on track today, I will get a workout in tonight because DH is working late.

Ileanak & Chrissy I wish I had you rmotivation to workout, I am slowly building back up to it tho.

Mary I feel your pain I have a leaky water hose out front that doubled our water bill last month, but luckily we have plenty of plumbers on my DH's side of the family.

Hope yall have a great weekend:drinker:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I forgot to mention it has been 5 weeks since I have stopped for a biscuit. I meet my goal.:happy:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    My husband just called and said the plumber can't make it until after 5:00. Long day trying to get anything done around here!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I forgot to mention it has been 5 weeks since I have stopped for a biscuit. I meet my goal.:happy:

:love: :heart: :bigsmile: :happy: Way to go!! Now set another goal....
  • chrissyh
    Options
    My husband just called and said the plumber can't make it until after 5:00. Long day trying to get anything done around here!

Good Greif - what a pain!
  • Ileanak
    Options
    I forgot to mention it has been 5 weeks since I have stopped for a biscuit. I meet my goal.

you acheiver, you! That is awesome!

Deep cleansing breaths, and hitting things with woofle balls..... it's a stress relief for me :laugh:

Just spoke to my DH, bad news is that his schedule is changing, As of today, we won't be able to video messenger eachother every night (I wake him up 8 pm my time/4 am his time). Not we "may" be able to to it 1 day on a weekend.... it's going to make the remaining 8 months of deployment cruddy~

Good note, he should have a 2 week visit mid-tour in 10 weeks or so (no set dates).
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I forgot to mention it has been 5 weeks since I have stopped for a biscuit. I meet my goal.

you acheiver, you! That is awesome!

Deep cleansing breaths, and hitting things with woofle balls..... it's a stress relief for me :laugh:

Just spoke to my DH, bad news is that his schedule is changing, As of today, we won't be able to video messenger eachother every night (I wake him up 8 pm my time/4 am his time). Not we "may" be able to to it 1 day on a weekend.... it's going to make the remaining 8 months of deployment cruddy~

Good note, he should have a 2 week visit mid-tour in 10 weeks or so (no set dates).
    Did they tell you why he won't be able to do it anymore - that really stinks
  • Ileanak
    Options
    just moving the shifts and "stuff". can't know for sure, as we can't really talk about specifics.

It does stink.

Thanks. I'll be ok, I wish I hadn't found out the 1st day of my TOM..... ladies, you know that sucks! lol...
    where's the chocolate covered popcorn and wine?!?! i mean cucumber sticks and green tea????