Water vs. Crystal Light

Options
Hi guys. I'm trying to add a lot more water to my diet. I really like water plain but when I'm trying to cut back on over eating I find myself drinking most of my water with some Crystal Light mixed in. It helps me curb my appetite to be able to taste something. Im contantly chewing sugar free gum and i have a crazy assortment of crystal light flavors! Is this still "water" counted toward my goal of 8 - 10 cups a day or do I just need to drink plain water to really help my body?

Thanks for reading :)...

Replies

• ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I drink a mix of plain water and water mixed with other things. My favorite is just to add lemon or lime juice or stevia drops flavored with orange. I used Crystal Light too and log all of it..including things I mix in.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Nah, some crystal light in your water will hydrate you just the same as water.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I usually only drink water, but I think the occasional addition of something is ok. I like to add citrus fruits to my water. Crystal Light makes me dizzy. Not sure if its aspartane or what. But I dont drink any of it.
  • philippians4and13
    philippians4and13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I drink a mix of plain water and water mixed with other things. My favorite is just to add lemon or lime juice or stevia drops flavored with orange. I used Crystal Light too and log all of it..including things I mix in.

I can't get into the Stevia, it's tastes funny to me. I have a few bottles of drops. I try to use them in unsweetened tea since I spent 10.99 on each bottle. Lol. Thanks for responding, I log all of the mix ins as well.
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My water intake varies too, but I try to drink the majority of my intake as plain water. It's especially easy at the gym, to get in half my water needs.

At home, if I'm having a craving for "something" (most of the time not even sure what that "something" is) I'll have a glass of Crystal Lite. Works 99% of the time. I figure those extra handful of calories from the CL (5-10 per glass?) are better than 100-300 from a snack that I don't need.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mint leaves are nice. I use fresh ones and a little bit og lemon juice or True Lemon. It tastes so good I have no problem drinking tons of water.
  • reallyally1
    Options
    Try getting some flavored Seltzer water like La Croix (Grapefruit and Lime are my favorites), or just go with plain sparkling water and add some fresh lemon or lime (I like to use Pellegrino).

I usually try to limit myself to one glass of crystal light per day, simply because I know it has a lot of additives in it. Mostly I drink it at work to keep myself away from all of the tempting office treats. When I'm at home and I need something to fill me up, I usually go with plain water or flavored sparkling water.
  • philippians4and13
    Options
    I usually only drink water, but I think the occasional addition of something is ok. I like to add citrus fruits to my water. Crystal Light makes me dizzy. Not sure if its aspartane or what. But I dont drink any of it.

Yeah I do like lemon in my water too, I just haven't gone to the store to get more. I've heard of many people having a reaction from aspartame. It's really not that great for our bodies, but I can't give it up lol.
  • philippians4and13
    Options
    Mint leaves are nice. I use fresh ones and a little bit og lemon juice or True Lemon. It tastes so good I have no problem drinking tons of water.

I love True Lemon, I just finished my box! Mint leaves is a great idea....I bet I would love that. Do you press the leaves first like mojito's or do you just put them in the water? Thanks!
  • nicolewalker3
    Options
    I have young kids and they often ask for a treat. They make Crystal Light Slupree's at Mac's stores, so if my kids deserve it, we all get a slurpee.

Spa Water - If you put a few slices of cucumber into your water, it tastes like you are at the spa! Try it you will see what I mean!
  • philippians4and13
    Options
    I have young kids and they often ask for a treat. They make Crystal Light Slupree's at Mac's stores, so if my kids deserve it, we all get a slurpee.

Spa Water - If you put a few slices of cucumber into your water, it tastes like you are at the spa! Try it you will see what I mean!

I love making crystal light slushies at home. Spa water?? Interesting! Never heard of cucumbers and water before. Will try it! Thanks for the tip!
  • helpellen
    helpellen Posts: 5
    Options
    I count pretty much all my drinks as water because I just add mio