Beards!

Options
Awkward30
Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
So, my boyfriend has decided he NEEDS to keep his mountain man beard he grew while we were apart for a month. I don't think it looks bad, but it hurts my face.

Ladies - how do you keep from getting your face hurt?
Gentlemen - how do you not hurt your lady's face?

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything particular or special, and neither does my wife to deal with my goatee. Maybe it's naturally soft?

Does he use conditioner on it when he washes it? That might be something simple to try.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Well when you say it hurts your face...does it hurt when you look at his beard? Does it just make you itchy? Or does it literally hurt your face...if so, what in the world are you guys doing to create that much friction with your faces?

Maybe some novacaine on the beard?

Onto a serious note...I usually put lotion on my face and on my beard, and it stays pretty soft in spite of how coarse my facial hair is. Perhaps he should find some kind of beard conditioning cream that will keep it soft to where it won't hurt you.

Just make sure he works that lotion into the hair or he'll be walking around with a white scaley beard ; )
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    He currently does 0 grooming, and I do have sensitive skin. Kissin him makes my face turn red and hurt!

I'll suggest a conditioner or lotion. Thanks gentlemen!
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Facial hair doesn't bother me when it rubs... in fact, I like it.

If my guy ever shaves his face totally, I'll consider trading him in.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Wife has never complained.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Well then... I think you should stop kissing. Problems solved!

But really - I have no suggestion. I'm with beach on liking how it feels. There's a stubble point where it kind if hurts but once it's longer it's niiiiice.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My wife INSIST I keep my go-Tee. She likes a man with some facial hair plus it tickles her thighs I think. Although I have had it for so many years I do consider shaving my face.

Keep it trimmed up and it should be much more manageable.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    JUST SAY NO to the beard!
  • MrsKillough
    MrsKillough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Maybe he needs to grow it a bit longer, so it gets past the scratchy stage. My partner's got a beard and it doesn't hurt at all. He does moisturise, though.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    <
    The ladies seem to like mine........
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    He currently does 0 grooming, and I do have sensitive skin. Kissin him makes my face turn red and hurt!

I'll suggest a conditioner or lotion. Thanks gentlemen!

Zero grooming as in just the beard or south of the border also? Tell him if he starts grooming you'll give him some lip service...that'll change his ways in a heart beat!