How long did it take you?

psmd
psmd Posts: 764 Member
For those who are truly at maintenance, how long did it take you to reach your goal and how has it been for you? Particularly interested in those who had about 50-60 pounds to lose. Thanks!

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    It took me 9 months last year to lose 20 lbs. I did .5/week because I did not want stretch marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also started out at a healthy weight for my height and I've always been a healthy person, so when you have less to lose you tend to take it nice and slow!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    It took me about 8-9 months to lose about 30 lbs. I'm just at about maintenance right now. I probably have 3 vanity pounds to lose, but that's about it :) I don't really sweat it too much.

It's definitely been life changing for me. I have always been into sports, even as a kid, but I had a few unhappy, inactive years post-college. I'm much more active now and I really enjoy it. I also really re-evaluated my eating habits and am more mindful of eating healthy things - not for their caloric benefits, but just health overall. It's been fabulous :)