Tesco Everyday Value Range - Beware Hidden Calories!

Options
Hi, just a heads up to any of you that regularly eat foods from the newly launched Tesco Everyday Value range.

I have noticed that each item I buy from this new range is higher in calories/sugars/fats than the same item was in the old Value range.

I input the nutritional value of every item I buy but wasn't going to bother with the Tesco Value things as I assumed the information would be the same, I just thought it was the name and the labels that had changed but I was wrong.

I have not found one item yet that has the same (or less) calories than the old range.

I just thought I'd share that with you as I would hate to think I'd been logging my foods correctly but actually consuming more than I thought.

Naughty Tesco! ;-)

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I've also found the Pizza Express pizza's have changed their packaging and there calories have also gone up. Totally gutted as I used to love those for the odd treat.

Also Asda own brand foods has more calories than most other supermarkets such as Sainsbury's Waitrose etc as they seem to pack in more sugar, soya and other cheap 'food fillers'.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I've also found the Pizza Express pizza's have changed their packaging and there calories have also gone up. Totally gutted as I used to love those for the odd treat.

Also Asda own brand foods has more calories than most other supermarkets such as Sainsbury's Waitrose etc as they seem to pack in more sugar, soya and other cheap 'food fillers'.

Fortunately for my waistline (and bank balance!) we don't have a Pizza Express near enough to us, if we did I'd be in trouble, lol! :)
    I only shop in Tesco although I sometimes pick up odds and sods in Morrisons and I notice they are quite pricey calorie wise too.
    I generally make all my meals from scratch so don't really buy a lot of processed foods but even things like the UHT skimmed milk and orange juice have gone up.
    As if it's not hard enough trying to lose weight and stay on track! ;-)