Low Carb and LOVING IT!!!!!

Options
tyoung8
tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
Hello!!!

Just wanted to share my awesome foods and experiences with low carb eating!!

I love it!!! I love it because My willpower sucks and I can pretty much eat loads of the right things and still be under calories and carbs!!!

WINNING!!!

I aim to eat around 50g per day I may get up in the 50s if I have a bad day. and It works awesomely!!!!

I use the carbs I do eat on dressing, eggs, and cheese!!! yum!!!

Who needs potatoes, Pasta and rice!?

I will on occasion have brown rice just to mix it up!

Here is how I eat.

Breakfast: Cheese Eggs, lean mean (bacon, turkey sausage, whatever)
Lunch: So many different salads!!! I make everything into a salad!! Taco salad, cob salad, fajita salad, ceasar salad, shrimp salad! Just throw in veggies meat and cheese, and bam!! youve got a huge bowl of delicious goodness!!!

Dinner: More salad!!! And if not Ill just eat some kind of lean meat like steak, lamb chops, grilled or baked chicken, or sausage with more eggs/and or a veggie!!!

Im low carb and loving it!!! Ive done low carb before and the weight just melted off!!!

Im ready to make this a life style change.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• tyoung8
    Options
    What are some of you guy's favorite low carb foods!?
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just started this and was looking for ideas thanks girl!!!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins for 11 mos and w/in about 6 mos I dropped about 60 lbs, I kinda stalled so I swithced to the paleo (which is low carb too but you get to eat fruit) and lost about 10lbs in 60 days sooo I'm going back to Atkins. I'm doing induction phase so it's 25 carbs on a good day. When I did it before I wasn't counting the splenda sweetened tea I was drinking and I have cut that out now. I am hoping the lbs will start to drop off like before. This is day 2, lol. I love cabbage, zucchini, brocolli and can eat either cooked any way you can imagine. I also eat a lot of eggs and fish. My favorite is Whitting Filet but I like any white fish. I cook it in olive oil and garlic, pepper and cayanne pepper. I also tried Swai the other night cooked the same way, it was yummy. Someone posted a reciepe for zucchini tots the other day that I plan to try even tho they have bread crumbs in them. I have found in tasting my husbands creations that I don't miss pasta or rice, maybe a little bit on the potatoes and bread :( I look forward to hearing some other food ideas. :)
  • tyoung8
    Options
    I dont miss the pasta and bread and all that either! I love low carb it always works and it actually not very hard to live with.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I dont miss the pasta and bread and all that either! I love low carb it always works and it actually not very hard to live with.

Hi Friend
    I also try to stick with no higher than 50 carbs a day. The only exception I have made is sometimes I will eat Dream Fields Low carb Pasta 1 oz or 2 oz . It has to be cooked exactly like the directions says or it will not remain low carb. Some people say it does not work for them but even during induction I stayed in Ketosis when I ate it. I would be interested to know if anyone else tried it? I am having chili with a small amount of beans on top of the low carb spaghetti pasta. The beans do not stall me. What works for me, may not work for everyone, but again I do lose weight still when I eat it, also it is not every day. I love my low carb eating plan and count every carb. I also count calories, does anyone else count calories along with carbs? I did not do well on 20 carbs or less, less energy than what I normally struggle with, it was like my brain had trouble focusing. Severe depression, very moody and angry, poor hubby will panic if he hears I am at 20 carbs again or under. The lack of fiber no fruit really did not help my digestion. With my 50 carbs I allow myself now I eat berries daily, and also 1 granny smith apple with real peanut butter. I have bought the almond butter, macadamia nut butter, natural peanut butter and in my opinion all I can say is YUCK!
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love love love mashed cauliflower!!!!! And I love omelets in the morning. Cream cheese and spinach omelets - and peanut butter omlets are my favoriet!!! I love adding an avacado with breakfast cubed like home fries would be ;)

And my favorite salads are chicken cobb and taco!!! YUM
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing lower carb and loving it! In the last 5 weeks I have lost 10.4lbs. It isn't as much as some people, but just watching calories it took me 3 MONTHS to lose 7 pounds. Last night I was trying to explain to my cousin that in MY case, the bun on a cheeseburger is worse for me than the cheese and bacon on top of the burger. He doesn't get it.

I eat eggs, soy bacon and a low carb/high fiber tortilla for breakfast most days. A huge salad for lunch...then whatever for dinner.

Now I am totally excited to get to the gym and get on the scale. Monday I was --0.6lbs since Friday...Tuesday I was ---0.8 from Monday, and today --0.6 from Tuesday!!
  • miracle4me
    Options
    I just shared this with other MFP Friend but now I will share it here. My favorite LC desert is Full fat plain Greek Yogurt mixed with a small amount of sugar free Jello any flavor. I only use enough Jello to flavor the plain Greek Yogurt. My favorite has been black cherry so far. You can do the same with SF instant pudding and banana cream is awesome in plain Greek Yogurt.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i'm trying to do low carb but i don't think its working for me. maybe its the types of carbs i'm eating. i have to say i didn't not do an induction phase nor am i followling any kind of program. im eating about 75 grams. it's taken me since December to lose 13 lbs.. doing other things. IM not really able to work out so im tring to find something that will help burn off this fat. feel free to send advice.

and you can look at my diary. i think its public

i am also counting calories. 1500
  • miracle4me
    Options
    I am currently doing lower carb and loving it! In the last 5 weeks I have lost 10.4lbs. It isn't as much as some people, but just watching calories it took me 3 MONTHS to lose 7 pounds. Last night I was trying to explain to my cousin that in MY case, the bun on a cheeseburger is worse for me than the cheese and bacon on top of the burger. He doesn't get it.

I eat eggs, soy bacon and a low carb/high fiber tortilla for breakfast most days. A huge salad for lunch...then whatever for dinner.

Now I am totally excited to get to the gym and get on the scale. Monday I was --0.6lbs since Friday...Tuesday I was ---0.8 from Monday, and today --0.6 from Tuesday!!

That is awesome Sarah. What do you have your settings for the carbs?
    What is the brand name of the low carb/high fiber Tortilla shell? I need to find one with fiber especially. I could not lose weight if I did not count the carbs. I am so grateful 50 works for me even though I would love to do more days of 35 carbs or under.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • cadynappi
    cadynappi Posts: 63
    Options
    I try to keep my carbs low but there is no way I feel I can stay at 50. That is very low especially if you are working out daily. I do not eat bread or pasta. I eat veggies and fruits which have some carbs as well as sugar. Even if i eat lettuce, veggies,fruit,and lean meats i am over 50. Please share what you eat in a day to stay at 50. Please tell me how much too. I am always interested in hearing how to lower my carbs. Do you watch your sugar too? Since sugar is considered a carb. I usually eat 100 carbs and try to stay around 50 to 75 grams of sugar. By doing this I did in fact lose 15lb in 8 wks. Currently I work out 5 to 6 days. How often are people who stay at 50 work out. I am so confused when it comes to carbs/ sugar everyone has their own opinion. Would love to hear ideas. Feel free to friend me.
  • fullagrace
    fullagrace Posts: 75
    Options
    My FAVORITE is jalepeno poppers!

I also got some low carb mission tortillas that have really saved my life.

I got a little tired of just bacon and eggs so I can make breakfast tacos. I can make wraps with cheese and lunch meats. I use them as hamburger and hotdog buns. I LOVE MAKING fajitas with them too.

I eat a lot of meat now. Chicken and steak and pork chops and fish. Usually with green beans, asparagus, or broccoli. Salads are great for lunch :) I love Cesar salads.

I love the atkins shakes and desserts and some of the bars if i am in a hurry or i didnt have leftovers for lunch.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

I love it!!! I love it because My willpower sucks and I can pretty much eat loads of the right things and still be under calories and carbs!!!

WINNING!!!

I aim to eat around 50g per day I may get up in the 50s if I have a bad day. and It works awesomely!!!!

Here is how I eat.

Lunch: So many different salads!!! I make everything into a salad!! Taco salad, cob salad, fajita salad, ceasar salad, shrimp salad! Just throw in veggies meat and cheese, and bam!! youve got a huge bowl of delicious goodness!!!

Dinner: More salad!!! And if not Ill just eat some kind of lean meat like steak, lamb chops, grilled or baked chicken, or sausage with more eggs/and or a veggie!!!

Im low carb and loving it!!! Ive done low carb before and the weight just melted off!!!

Do you incorporate any fruit at all, I'm also trying to do low carb but so far I have been doing it by not having it for dinner.
  • tyoung8
    Options
    I try to keep my carbs low but there is no way I feel I can stay at 50. That is very low especially if you are working out daily. I do not eat bread or pasta. I eat veggies and fruits which have some carbs as well as sugar. Even if i eat lettuce, veggies,fruit,and lean meats i am over 50. Please share what you eat in a day to stay at 50. Please tell me how much too. I am always interested in hearing how to lower my carbs. Do you watch your sugar too? Since sugar is considered a carb. I usually eat 100 carbs and try to stay around 50 to 75 grams of sugar. By doing this I did in fact lose 15lb in 8 wks. Currently I work out 5 to 6 days. How often are people who stay at 50 work out. I am so confused when it comes to carbs/ sugar everyone has their own opinion. Would love to hear ideas. Feel free to friend me.

I eat mostly salads, eggs, cheese and meats!! dont really have fruit but I will eat peanut butter or nuts. It has been pretty easy for me to stay under on my carbs even with dressing!!!! Feel free to add me to take a look at my diary
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am doing my best to stay low carb, usually under or around 100g per day if I don't cheat :) When I cheat, I maintain my weight, if I stay around 50-100, I lose. Yes, I work out consistently doing martial arts at least 5 hours a week and then running on off days. If I stay below 50 I get cranky... someone above me mentioned that, too. Some people have trouble with it, others don't. I usually eat one fruit a day, either an apple or a banana (both with sunbutter... LOVE sunbutter. I didn't like natural peanut butter at all, and haven't tried almond or macadamia butter, but to whoever is interested, sunbutter is pretty great) or will have a cup of frozen mixed berries with Reddi Whip. I love eggs, so nearly every day I'll have 4 eggs scrambled with 1.5 slices of American cheese (2 slices was too salty for me after a while of sticking with this). Every night we have meat of some sort, with some low carb vegetables steamed with plenty of butter. We snack on cheese sticks a lot, and we make our own home made ice cream (one cup of half & half, 1 tsp. of vanilla, 2 Tbs. of sugar in a baggie, put that baggie inside a quart sized baggie that is half full of ice and a half cup of kosher salt, shake it all up until the inside baggie gets to the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Of course, you can do more vanilla and less sugar if you please). To Sarah... I know what you mean about your cousin not getting it. Most people don't get it. People still think that you need carbs to survive and/or function, when it's simply not true. Our bodies were designed to get their sugar from fat/ketosis. People honestly believe you will die if you don't eat carbs.
  • Jill1249
    Jill1249 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm doing low carb too. The high fiber, low carb, low calorie tortilla I'm using is made by Ole Mexican Foods! I get them at Walmart around the deli section where you have lunch meat cut. They are great!
  • sarahrbraun
    Options

That is awesome Sarah. What do you have your settings for the carbs?
    What is the brand name of the low carb/high fiber Tortilla shell? I need to find one with fiber especially. I could not lose weight if I did not count the carbs. I am so grateful 50 works for me even though I would love to do more days of 35 carbs or under.

I actually cannot seem to get the settings to *stick* so I just eyeball it several times a day to make sure I am under my goal. 90% of the time I am under 100g...most of the time I am under 70g.

I think the brand I am using right now is Ole...but I have also seen FiberOne. I don't care about brand as long as the net carbs are like 10-11g each.
  • sarahrbraun
    Options
    I am doing my best to stay low carb, usually under or around 100g per day if I don't cheat :) When I cheat, I maintain my weight, if I stay around 50-100, I lose. Yes, I work out consistently doing martial arts at least 5 hours a week and then running on off days. If I stay below 50 I get cranky... someone above me mentioned that, too. Some people have trouble with it, others don't. I usually eat one fruit a day, either an apple or a banana (both with sunbutter... LOVE sunbutter. I didn't like natural peanut butter at all, and haven't tried almond or macadamia butter, but to whoever is interested, sunbutter is pretty great) or will have a cup of frozen mixed berries with Reddi Whip. I love eggs, so nearly every day I'll have 4 eggs scrambled with 1.5 slices of American cheese (2 slices was too salty for me after a while of sticking with this). Every night we have meat of some sort, with some low carb vegetables steamed with plenty of butter. We snack on cheese sticks a lot, and we make our own home made ice cream (one cup of half & half, 1 tsp. of vanilla, 2 Tbs. of sugar in a baggie, put that baggie inside a quart sized baggie that is half full of ice and a half cup of kosher salt, shake it all up until the inside baggie gets to the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Of course, you can do more vanilla and less sugar if you please). To Sarah... I know what you mean about your cousin not getting it. Most people don't get it. People still think that you need carbs to survive and/or function, when it's simply not true. Our bodies were designed to get their sugar from fat/ketosis. People honestly believe you will die if you don't eat carbs.

he said something to the effect of "you can handle all the fat and grease of a burger, but the bun you cannot handle?!" I told him that my body does great with the grease, but the carbs/sugar in the bun just don't digest well. It all started 'cause I told him I think I am going to treat myself to a Wendy's double with cheese, no bun tomorrow....
  • miracle4me
    Options
    Hello!!!

WINNING!!!

Here is how I eat.

Do you incorporate any fruit at all, I'm also trying to do low carb but so far I have been doing it by not having it for dinner.

This ^^^^^^
    Every person that attempts low carb must experiment to find out what works for them. If I have a bad day and eat too many carbs it triggers my desire for sugar again or to eat high carb foods.
    I am a low carber and I never purposely eat sugar. The only carbs I eat are fruit and yes I have to count each cherry,blackberry in that count. My every day snack is granny smith apple w/peanut butter. If I do not eat fruit I get severely constipated. Each person is different. I need fruit for my digestion. You do not have to stay at 50 carbs everyone has a different number especially with working out it could be up to a 100 carbs and you will still lose weight. My health issues do not allow me to exercise ...yet. Your body may not be sensitive to carbs like mine is. I never limit my veggies except rarely eat a potato. I Never eat bread and the only pasta I eat is dream field low carb pasta, check out search engine where to buy it. If you eat the pasta you must follow directions exactly or it is not low carb otherwise.