I JUST REALIZED

mommared53
mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
that I only have 10 more pounds to lose to make my goal. I knew I had 10 more pounds to go but it just didn't register in my brain I guess. No wonder my weight loss has stopped at just under 150. People are right when they say the last 10 pounds are a bugger to get off. I'm not giving up though. Those last 10 pounds aren't going to win! bwaaahaaahaaaahaaaahaaaaaa

Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Wow, that's fantastic!! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    lol.. ya know.. I was gonna say "I can't wait to be down the last ten pounds.." but it if it's gonna be a booger.. NAH! I can't wait til I have all the stress of losing the last ten!

Congrats girlie and CHEERS!:bigsmile:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    WOW! Congratulations!!! That must feel so good!
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    I read this JUST at the right time. My assistant just got her lunch of delicious FRENCH FRIES and I can smell them from my office.

I will now be making a healthy choice (but still savoring that smell :bigsmile: ) so that I can have the feeling of 10 pounds to go :glasses:
  • mommared53
    Thank you everyone.

Good for you Kristy. Glad I could be of some help in your weight loss. :laugh:

Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I've been there for a while, it's not so bad.

Now is the time to get a pair of bodyfat calipers, and to start paying more attention to the tape and bodyfat % and worry less about the scale.

Progress is harder to come by now. You're still working hard, and you're still improving, but you're body figgers it's small enough and it doesn't wanna lose anymore. You'll get stronger and healthier and leaner, but losing the pounds is gonna be tough.

To keep yourself from getting discouraged - start paying more attention to ways to measure progress that do not involve a number on a scale. :smile:

And congratulations! We worked hard to get here.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229

Now is the time to get a pair of bodyfat calipers, and to start paying more attention to the tape and bodyfat % and worry less about the scale.

Progress is harder to come by now. You're still working hard, and you're still improving, but you're body figgers it's small enough and it doesn't wanna lose anymore. You'll get stronger and healthier and leaner, but losing the pounds is gonna be tough.

To keep yourself from getting discouraged - start paying more attention to ways to measure progress that do not involve a number on a scale. :smile:

I'm sorry but the words "bodyfat calipers" just scares the livin hooha out of me. Instrument of torture I say!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Really? Who used them? My wife and I test each from time to time, and it's not painful. You have to use your head and be gentle, but it can be done nicely.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Really? Who used them? My wife and I test each from time to time, and it's not painful. You have to use your head and be gentle, but it can be done nicely.

I'm thinking more along the lines of mental anguish not physical! :wink:
  • mommared53

Thanks Casper. Great advice I needed to hear. :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    I read this JUST at the right time. My assistant just got her lunch of delicious FRENCH FRIES and I can smell them from my office.

I will now be making a healthy choice (but still savoring that smell :bigsmile: ) so that I can have the feeling of 10 pounds to go :glasses:

good attitude!
This discussion has been closed.