Enchiladas

Options
It is so difficult to be good in my house. The sweet aroma of authentic Mexican food is a constant tease for brekfast, lunch and dinner. It's a shame that my cultures food is so fatty. Anyway, I am still proud of myself. I usually eat about 5-6 green enchiladas when we have them for dinner. Last night I practiced some form of self control and I only ate 2. It's seemed like the hardest thing ever but I did it. I know the journey that lies ahead will be difficult and challenging but this time I truly believe I am ready and willing to make it happen. I cant wait to regain control of my life. BTW I went jogging for 45 mins yesterday. Good Luck to everyone and resist the temptation. God Bless you all.

Replies

• GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    mmmm, now I want Enchiladas!:wink:
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good For You!! I am am huge lover of enchiladas myself, so I give you major credit for show restraint! :drinker:

Keep up the positive attitude, it will carry you through. :smile:

Have a great weekend!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    way to go! Mexican food is my BIGGEST weakness, i just can't say no
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    Yummy! Enchiladas sound so delicous now! Good luck!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    It is all about portion control. I don't believe we can really succeed unless/until we learn to eat our favorite foods In Moderation.

:flowerforyou: Congratualations on doing a GREAT JOB!!!!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :flowerforyou: That's just the way to do it - it feels bad for a moment and then so good for all the moments after :happy: . You are in control already! :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Mexican food, yuuuuuummmmmm. My friends who grew up in Mexico use very little cheese in their cooking. They mostly stick to lean meats, lots of beans, and fresh ingredients. THey often use limes to flavor their foods. Also they use a lot of spices, including hot stuff (which I hear helps with the weight loss). I don't know if this is a modification of authentic Mexican food, or more regional, but they do well in the healthy eating department. You might be able to modify some of your favorite dishes.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I have modified my enchiladas to be more like fajitas--stuffed w/lots of veggies along w/ the cheese, meat or beans. Also switched to whole-grain, lower-fat tortillas.

Portion control -- still a challenge ;-( (That's where the big salad comes in).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!