Gym Help

Options
I have been going the the gym for about 3 weeks and i have been doing 45 minutes of cardio and 30 mins weights 3 times a week. My question is should i be doing weights first then cardio or cardio first then weights. Thanks everyone:smile:

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Lift heavier, compound weights. Work hard enough, and there won't be anything left for cardio.
    Then, move your cardio to non-weight days.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Lift heavier, compound weights. Work hard enough, and there won't be anything left for cardio.

^^^^AGREE!
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Weights before cardio.

And yea, HEAVY weights at that....
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Kaching. If you can do any notable kind of cardio after weights, you didn't lift enough weight.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Most posts I have read on this agree that it really does not matter. If your schedule is an issue then certainly you can do both in one day. Personally I used to do cardio (focus at first) then weights but now I do weights first (yes heavy weights) rest for a few minutes then do my cardio... I find that the energy drain from doing the weights did not affect my cardio as much as the energy drain from the cadio affected how much I could lift. I have read some that suggest doing like a 15 minute cardio warm up to get into the weights then do weights then back to cardio (if you have anything left)... That at least sounds theoretically like it may have some validity.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how your body feels. I personally do weights then cardio then a cool down routine. My weight workout is more strenuous than my cardio though