Introduction

Options
Just signed up for MyFitnessPal a couple days ago. I keep telling myself that I need to start working out again, but I always seem to talk myself out of it. Last year I bought myself a new scale and realized that I weighed 280 pounds. I thought the scale was broken, but after a couple of tries, I came to grip with the reality.

After getting out of the Navy in 2006, my fitness went downhill fast. This culminated in my slap in the face last year. I started watching my caloric intake and paying attention to what I was eating. I picked up the Insanity workout program and beat myself up everyday with Shaun T. After two months of this regiment, I dropped 45 pounds. I kept watching what I was eating, but I had decided to take a break after completing one round of Insanity.

I slowly paid less and less attention to what I was eating, and now about a year later, I'm back up to 250 pounds. I feel horrible and my clothes don't fit like they used to. I'm hoping that a site like this will help me watch my intake again, and that maybe I can find some other individuals to help keep me motivated. My job requires me to travel across the country quite frequently (I loved Insanity because I could take it with me and exercise at the hotels), but my food choices are horrible. At home, I'm a pretty good cook, but my knowledge of healthy recipes is horrible as well.

Sorry for the long introduction, but I'm looking forward to getting with some like-minded people who don't mind helping eachother stay motivated. I'm cracking open the Insanity DVD's again tonight and I want to get back in shape. Thank you.

Replies

• xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have not tried the insanity work outs yet, but I have friends that swear by them! Good luck!