oh dear

Options
whilst buying my dinner on the way home, i bought a pack of cookies. I intended them to last the whole week, but I have eaten 4, at 700 calories (for the 4)

I would have had an extra 40 cals left had I not had them, and i didnt really need them.

:'(

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,990 Member
    Options
    You can't change it. Move on.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I think it happens to most of us at some point. The best thing you can do is forgive yourself and resolve to do better starting now.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    you could go work out. 525 calories is not that hard to burn (30-45 minute workout) and that would be as if you just ate 1.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    but, yeah, not the end of the world. Just don't do it regularly
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    We learn everyday from our mistake. Just dont buy them or have them in the house. Move on tomorrow is a new start. We start new everyday. Just dont beat yourself up over it. You know the problem now look forward
  • Dewdrop75
    Dewdrop75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree, learn from the mistake and now you know you might have to rethink buying the cookies next time since it was too tempting to eat them all at once.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    What kind of cookie is 700 for 4? Maybe look into a lower cal version haha
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    tip that helped me: Never eat out of the package, set aside how much you intend to eat, put cookies, chips, whatever back in cabinet and then eat the portion you set aside.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! Take a walk - do anything that will let you end this day with a positive outlook. And then move on. It's not the end of you or your progress - don't let being human derail you!
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think that everyone has done that. The best thing to do, is try to not do it again. One bad day while dieting is one day. It is a mistake that you can fix later in the week by working out longer and not eating those calories.
    Just keep up the drive that you had before this.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You do the crime, you do the time...

Time to workout.
  • frenchie2727
    frenchie2727 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did almost the same thing today...they brought lunch in at work, which happens about 4-5 times a week (ugggh) and there were fajitas, sweet potato chips and chocolate chip cookies/other sweets. I ate my lunch I brought from home and avoided the fajitas, but then the dreaded 2:00pm hour came around and the sweet potato chips and chocolate chip cookies were calling for me. As soon as I ate them I wished I hadn't. I had my entire calorie budget laid out for the day and blew it :( Nice to read everyone's responses to you...
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    A 'teachable moment'. Yeah, I thought about that after I ate a chocolate croissant and logged it and realized it was as many calories as my lunch.

It's what I've learned logging my food - what foods are worth it and what aren't. We all make decisions every day. Move on. AND DON'T EAT THE REST OF THE BOX!
  • ae2rigc
    ae2rigc Posts: 37
    Options
    I do this too, but almost always when shopping while hungry so I try not to do that! Even a snack before can help, then I don't get so distracted by stuff on the way round. :)
  • sarapumpkin
    Options
    i agree, let it go. get in a workout of any kind and start again tomorrow
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Actually I was wondering that too. OP what sort of cookies you talking about here?
  • mkvilmin
    mkvilmin Posts: 46
    Options
    Go for a walk and put the cookies away. Tomorrow is another day.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Just work harder the next day
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Actually I was wondering that too. OP what sort of cookies you talking about here?
    Must be those chocolate chip bacon cookies I've been hearing about.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    whilst buying my dinner on the way home, i bought a pack of cookies. I intended them to last the whole week, but I have eaten 4, at 700 calories (for the 4)
    You can still make them last the whole week, you know. Just don't buy another pack of cookies this week. It doesn't matter if you go over your calories one day and under the next day. Try adding up your weekly total and you might find it easier.