NSV... signed up for my first 5K

Options
kiltbunny
kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
Signed up for a 5K that my work is participating in... Never, ever thought I would be doing this!! It's in September so I'm going to start "training"... hoping to complete it in 30-40 minutes!!

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Are you doing the couch to 5k (C25k) program? That would be a fantastic place to start
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Kill it.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I remember the fear and excitement of my first 5K. Although beware, once you sign up for one you may get the race bug... they're addicting :)
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I didn't do the C25K but I am definitely eyeballing it now. I don't want to be just one of the "walkers", that's for SURE!
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great goal.. i bet you smash that target time :)
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I remember the fear and excitement of my first 5K. Although beware, once you sign up for one you may get the race bug... they're addicting :)

You can definitely do this and totally agrees that race bug is addicting!!
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That's enough training time, you should easily accomplish running the whole race. Good luck.
  • forewiz
    forewiz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll second the C25K opinion. I used it last year to go from a complete couch potato (struggling to run the first 30sec intervals) to running a 25:50 in my first race in 9 weeks. I too was hoping for the 30-40 min finish but the planets aligned just right (cool weather, flat track, and a pace setting friend). Just follow the program and you'll be stunned at the results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!