Please check out my food diary and offer some help!!

Options
I haven't been losing weight like I would like. I know that I have not been meeting my calorie goal. I find it very hard to do and this has never been a problem in the past. Since I've started eating lots more fruits and vegetables, I feel full most of the time. Can anyone offer a way to up my calorie intact?
Any help will be aprreciated

Replies

• Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You seem to eat a big breakfast, do you need turkey, eggs and cheese? Just a thought.
    Fruits do have sugar in it. Maybe you need to watch the salt content of the processed foods you eat.
    Are your vegetables covered in butter/oil?
  • earthquick
    earthquick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I dont see much veggies. Try and eat veggies with every meal, here are some examples:
    Lunch/dinner:
    Chicken breast, salmon or another fish with frozen veggies, maybe green beans, mixed vegatables and maybe beans or lentils

Keep repeating the same meals over and over, keep it simple and mix it up by trying different veggies or proteins.

Breakfast: whole grain cereals with fruit or yoghurt. egg white omelet with spinach, feta maybe lean turkey bacon

Snacks: apples, yoghurt, baby corrots and hummus, almonds

This is what I have been doing, but I switch it up here and there. I still go out and have a burger or some pizza when I want, but the rest of the time I eat this way. Hope it helps
  • angelndskies44
    angelndskies44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I actually eat two breakfasts. I workout every morning at 6am and when I come home, I eat a small breakfast of mostly cereal and almond milk. A few hours later, I normally eat eggs and some type of protein.
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1. Too much processed food. Processed foods have a ton of sodium in them which is really bad when wanting to lose weight.

2. I see a ton of fruit, but barely and vegetables like the poster above stated. The sugar in these fruits is also adding to your sugar count. You need to add more vegetables and cut some of the fruits.

Try looking up recipes that use clean foods and cook them yourself. I have found it is actually cheaper to buy clean foods than prepackaged ones. I also have food for the week for lunch and dinner when I cook myself!

Try lessening the carbs, eat less processed and fruits and more vegetables. Plus, you need to be patient. It's going to take some time to lose the weight. :) Stay positive! It will happen!

Be careful when adding in exercise. MFP tends to exaggerate the amount of calories you burn with each exercise.
  • angelndskies44
    Options
    I never use any butter or oils with my food. I will add more veggies to my meals. Thanks guys for your help!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I never use any butter or oils with my food. I will add more veggies to my meals. Thanks guys for your help!!

Why not? Good fats are critical to our health and are also calories dense. More of them in the form of butter, olive oil, nut butters and avocado would be great for you and help get your intake where it should be. You are seriously undereating many days. Fats don't make you fat and they are considered an essential nutrient.
  • tlamarch
    tlamarch Posts: 105
    Options
    You don't seem to eat alot of protein, And I do More smaller meals in my day , which helps keep me feeling full
  • angelndskies44
    Options
    im very interested in adding nut butters and avocado to my diet. Will do real soon. I don't eat alot of protein because when I do, I stay so full for so many hours and I end up not eating all of my calories.