What one year can do.

Options
ivykivy
ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
I have been on MFP one year today. Even though I did not make it to my goal in a year I have grown spirit as well as in my health.

One year can change your habits
I had a horrible day yesterday. I got some not so good news and could find no one to talk to. The old me would have bought a pizza or some fried chicken for consolation. Instead I had 5 peanuts and got on the treadmill.

One year can change your looks.
I have had people pass right by me and not know who I am.

One year can change your body.
Who ever thought the girl in the size 32 Catherines dress or size 30 relaxed Avenue jeans would be a misses size 18 in less than a year.

This has been a gradual process for me. Some people can go in a phone booth and come out invincible.:laugh: But for me it was a gradual transformation. But I know it will stick.

Replies

• amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations. I hope that a year from now I have a similar story to tell. :smile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    That is incredibly inspiring. It is amazing the changes that you've been through. People pass you up and don't even know it's you! How GREAT! :-) I'll bet the expressions on their faces when they realize it is you is a great reward!!

I don't want to do this for several months, I want to do this for a lifetime. I'll keep your story in my heart and it will help me to do just that. Thank you. And GRATZ!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You are amazing Ivykivy!! Congratulations on an awesome year and great success!! :drinker:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    What good thoughts on how far you have come! Sometimes, its so easy to see only how far we have to go. But it is good to look back and see who you were and who you have become and remind yourself that you've come a long way, baby!!

Good for you and keep going!!!
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    Congratulations on sticking with it for a year and seeing great results!! You are an inspiration to others. Thanks for sharing.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP one year today. Even though I did not make it to my goal in a year I have grown spirit as well as in my health.

One year can change your habits
    I had a horrible day yesterday. I got some not so good news and could find no one to talk to. The old me would have bought a pizza or some fried chicken for consolation. Instead I had 5 peanuts and got on the treadmill.

One year can change your looks.
    I have had people pass right by me and not know who I am.

One year can change your body.
    Who ever thought the girl in the size 32 Catherines dress or size 30 relaxed Avenue jeans would be a misses size 18 in less than a year.

This has been a gradual process for me. Some people can go in a phone booth and come out invincible.:laugh: But for me it was a gradual transformation. But I know it will stick.

Sheer poetry.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. For a while a refused to acknowledge I had lost weight. i still see the old me. When others mentioned it I would say on I still need to do this or that. I still won't allow pictures taken. But I will take one in Oct and may be even be brave enough to post it.:flowerforyou:
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and happy 1 year MFP anniversary. This is a journey we can all stay on for a lifetime and your post was inspiring, thanks for sharing!
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are so inspiring!

I hope to have the same story one year from now (well last month actually).
  • trikstar
    trikstar Posts: 61
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress. This is a great post. :)
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE FANTASTIC! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am almost at my one year - I am so proud of you!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Yes indeed, a year can make a huge difference. Thanks for a great post. I'm so proud of you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congratulations on all you've accomplished!
    and here's to your continued success! :flowerforyou:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Ivy!!!! WOOOHOOOOO WOOT WOOOT!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy:

I bet when you originally set your goals, you had no idea of all the other benefits you would be reaping....

I have no idea what's in store for me in a year's time, but I know I'm off to a great start and I'm sticking to it, with the help of MFP.

Your post was so inspirational and thought-provoking, thank you so much for sharing with all of us!!!

:smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You've accomplished amazing things in the past year. Good for you, Hun. I chuckled at your 5 peanuts line...I don't know why, but it was cute. :tongue:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Awesome work! your an inspiration to many and I am glad your journey is going well!

:drinker:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations on your life improvements!
    You're amazing.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats WTG!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!