What to make with nutella

Options
I've only had Nutella twice. It's yummy but I don't eat it because of the sugar and it's not healthy.
I have a little more then half of a 13 oz jar left and I have no idea what to do with it.. recipes or what to spread it on would be great! ( I won't be eating it. I just want ideas and stuff to make for my family )

Replies

• lovelysummerbabe2012
    Options
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sandwiches for your kids.
    It's not an ingredient, it's a spread.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    1 spoon/finger
    1 jar of Nutella.

best. recipe. EVER.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    1 spoon/finger
    1 jar of Nutella.

best. recipe. EVER.

^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^

I have a piece of wheat toast with peanut butter & Nutella every day. SO yummy. I want some now.
  • kriztyn723
    kriztyn723 Posts: 57
    Options
    1 spoon/finger
    1 jar of Nutella.

best. recipe. EVER.

^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^

I have a piece of wheat toast with peanut butter & Nutella every day. SO yummy. I want some now.

HAHAHA YES!!!!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I swapped out Nutella for Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter (you can buy it on Amazon or on their website www.justinsnutbutter.com), which tastes pretty darned good but has much less sugar. I spread it on a toasted English muffin or eat it with slices of apple... on rare occasions, I melt it in a saucepan and stir in some Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal. (I more often do that last one with Justin's Maple Almond butter and a few chocolate chips with the cereal.)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I use dark chocolate dreams natural peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Company.

I put it on pretty much everything from bread to fruit to pretzels to protein bars/shakes.

Aside from that, I also use it to make no-bake protein bars. I use a variant of this: http://worldfitnessnetwork.com/worlds-best-tasting-fastest-healthiest-homemade-protein-bars/ Where I use whatever I have on hand and want to use for dry ingredients. I like sunflower seeds, textured vegetable protein, and sometimes ground flax seeds.
  • francinemperez
    Options
    Spread it on top of a plain rice cake, Yumm!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's good in crepes. I prefer it with pretzels, bread, or just a spoon.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Toasted wheat english muffin, half a tablespoon of natural peanut butter (no added sugar), half a tablespoon of nutella, and half of a banana.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    French toast. Spread nutella on while grain bread, top with sliced bananas, then another slice of whole grain bread. Dip in a wash of vanilla extract, milk (or sub, I use coconut milk or vanilla unsweetened almond milk) and egg (or whites). Fry on a griddle.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I use it to recreate the nutella crepes from IHOP. Yum! I also eat it with apples.
  • rando348
    rando348 Posts: 22
    Options
    I use dark chocolate dreams natural peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Company.

Yes!! Puts nutella to shame. So much better for you
  • jsscheel
    jsscheel Posts: 1
    Options
    Look on Pinterest or the Nutella website. There's tons out there!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I love it on a slice of whole grain toast. Spread it as soon as the toast pops up while it's warm and it's extra delicious.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    It's good on pretty much anything you can put it on! I love peanut butter and nutella together!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Most might consider this a no-no, but we make plain muffins and put a teaspoon of nutella inside. If when you make the muffins you substitute sugar and fat with apple sauce, they aren't too bad health wise.
  • betfos
    betfos Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    there is a recipe for nutella cookies on pintrest
  • greenkarla
    greenkarla Posts: 15
    Options
    I spent summer 2010 eating Nutella with slices of apple everyday.. omg it's awesome! If you''ve ever had apples and peanut butter, this is 1000x better.
    too bad I put on 10-15lbs that summer. LOL. I never bought a jar after.