Good low calorie filling foods?

Options
paulaviki
paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
Hi

Can people suggest foods which I can eat for lunch or as snacks which are low calorie but will keep me fuller longer? I usually eat cereal like shredded wheat for breakfast and a banana about 11am, then have lunch like salad wit chicken and a whole meal pitta bread but I find about 4pm I get a bit hungry. I don't eat dinner until 7 ish after working out so need to find foods which stop me wanting to snack at work or a low calorie snack to see me through.

Thanks!

Replies

• squirrleydoodle
    squirrleydoodle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    wasa light rye crips and laughing cow cheese wedges!! the crisps are pretty low, i think about 30 cals each with fiber and the cheese wedges are pretty low too.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    My standard afternoon snacks include 4oz. greek yogurt cups, almonds, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, or protein bars (Fiber Plus and Kashi both make tasty ones). Whatever you eat, you want to make sure it has some protein in it to hold you through the afternoon.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mangohead100
    Options
    I would recommend starting the day with something higher in healthy fat and protein - it will keep you full longer and theoretically kick-start your metabolism in the 'fat-burn' setting (if that's what you are aiming for).

I usually start the day with 2 baked eggs topped with greek yogurt.

Suggested snacks:
    Apple with 1 tbsp. nut butter
    Hummus with veggies
    Small piece of cheese with crackers

I tend to include some sort of protein with my snacks to keep myself full longer. I find I burn through carb-based snacks way too fast to keep me full.

Good luck!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am not a morning person and have a 15 mile drive to work each day so don't have much time to cook breakfast. Cereal is about all I can manage!

Apple with peanut butter or cheese and crackers both sound like good snacks though! Will give them a try. :)