What is the healthiest pizza I can buy from Domino's?

Options
Domino's is having a 50% off sale right now on all menu priced pizzas (code : 50off) and i'm thinking about ordering one but I don't want to destroy my progress so far. The Artisans look pretty lean, but have a lot of cheese...so what do you guys think i should order?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Domino's is having a 50% off sale right now on all menu priced pizzas (code : 50off) and i'm thinking about ordering one but I don't want to destroy my progress so far. The Artisans look pretty lean, but have a lot of cheese...so what do you guys think i should order?

Pick whatever is your favorite or you'd like to try, eat as much as you can fit in your cals. If you go over, get on track tomorrow
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    thin crust (preferably whole wheat) veggie, easy on the cheese is always lowest on calories....
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    mmmmhhh white pizza
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should eat pizza just because it's 50% off. If you really want pizza, as Acg said, find a way to fit it into your calories, but you're not going to find a pizza that's significantly healthy enough to make a difference.

(Then again I'm from NY and you couldn't force me to eat Domino's)
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is kind of old, but should give you some ideas:

http://cache.dominos.com/homev8/docs/menu/dominos_nutrition_v2.21.00.pdf
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    thin crust (preferably whole wheat) veggie, easy on the cheese is always lowest on calories....

Yeah, thin crust has the least calories. You can order light on the cheese and no meat. Load with veggies.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    use their cal-o-meter and build your pizza to the calories u have

http://express.dominos.com/pages/nutrition.jsp
    03428 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My whole friendship group does 'pizza fridays', so I know the pain of the temptation!
    I'm a vegan, but I go for cheeseless thin crust, with red onion, sweetcorn, tomatos, garlic and chilli :)
  • rach_00
    rach_00 Posts: 72
    Options
    Thin crust vege pizza
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Honestly, skip it. Don't sabotage your diet because something's half off.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Honestly, skip it. Don't sabotage your diet because something's half off.
    I don't think you should eat pizza just because it's 50% off. If you really want pizza, as Acg said, find a way to fit it into your calories, but you're not going to find a pizza that's significantly healthy enough to make a difference.

This. Even at 50% off, you can buy stuff at the store probably cheaper and make a way better pizza anyways.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    They do at least give you the nutrition info.

http://express.dominos.com/pages/nutrition.jsp

Just pick one that looks like you'd enjoy and figure out how much you can have/are willing to have. A splurge is nice now and then and helps prevent binges. =)
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I something get their thin crust grilled chicken with light cheese and sauce.
  • tineekanicole
    Options
    I LOVE PIZZA!!! Me and my hubby eat pizza at least once a week..But like the others said you just have to make room for the extra calories throughout the day (cutting back, extra exercise, etc;) Sometimes I end up going over on the days we have pizza but I don't worry about it at all. I just make sure I get right back on track the next day. I usually order a thin crust with veggies or chicken. However, last Friday we had Domino's and ordered the New York Stlye Philly Steak and it was AWESOME!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

LOL
  • LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I picked out the Bacon and Carbonara pizza which has enough protein I need and is half of the calories of a normal large pan crust . the whole Pizza is 1200 calories which is my limit. I was really busy all day today so I haven't ate anything but this pizza and it is so yummy.

I decided on the pizza not only because its 50% off but because my current food has been boring me to tears. Salads and egg sandwiches for the past 3 weeks gets tiring.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I sometimes order the thin crust veggie with no cheese from Papa John's, then add a little Daiya cheese. It's not too bad. I'm guessing about 150 to 200 calories a slice.

veggie = mushroom, tomatoes, green peppers, yellow peppers and green olives.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

yeah if you are going to take in a lot of calories for a meal at least make it worth it. go to a real pizza place and get a couple of good slices.

this is one reason i dont eat fast food anymore. if i am going to consume a lot of calories i am going to make it worth it.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The box :bigsmile:
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    "What is the healthiest pizza I can buy from Domino's?"

The veggie pizza with no crust, cheese or sauce.