I have to pick a favorite?

Seriously -

Texas Pete for Carolina BBQ,
    Scorned Woman for sandwiches,
    Blair's Death for chili,
    Cholula for mexican,
    Sriracha for asian,
    Blues BBQ Habanero Reserve for chips
    Heartbreaking Dawns 1498 Trinidad Scorpion for maximum heat while still keeping flavor.
    Chet's Gone Mad Extract for doctoring up large batches of chili or tomato sauce.

And for the piece de resistance:

Blair's 2 AM and 3 AM for display (they're the old style bottles, so I keep them for showing off)

Can anyone guess that I'm a pepperhead?

tumblr_m0lr9lMWPw1r3zat8.gif

Bloody brilliant.
  • FiremanSam111
    Options
    Tobasco Habenero.... Or Devil's Piss (any hot sauce that makes me cry in pain)... :devil:
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Sriracha

I have one on my desk as I'm typing this. It's a must like water
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I do not know if I could pick one, but our continual rotation is sriracha, frank's red hot, cholula, chipotle tobasco, and ocean deck rasta sauce (http://www.oceandeck.com/daytona/). I sort of freak out at the tijuana flats hot sauce bar. LOVE hot sauce!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The hot sauce bar is open - who wants a taste? (I took this picture a while back to show some friends, so I figured it'd be appropriate here)

100_3158.jpg
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Tapatio. Hands down. No contest. Once you try it you won't ever go back to any other hot sauce! I also love the fire and hot sauce packets you get at Taco Bell! IDK What it is about them but they are really good. I like hot sauces with good flavor, enough heat that there's a good kick but not so it's painful...I also LOVE Siracha but that's not really a hot sauce. I am a hot sauce fanatic tho. Frank's hot sauce isn't bad their Chipotle style one is the best. But as for your basic hot sauce tapatio has got to be it
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    TEXAS PETE
    Bojangles Cajun Sauce
  • lisawants2bskinny
    lisawants2bskinny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the regular Tabasco. It adds a nice heat WITHOUT messing with the flavor of my food!

I completely agree!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Siracha and Tapatio
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    The hot sauce bar is open - who wants a taste? (I took this picture a while back to show some friends, so I figured it'd be appropriate here)

100_3158.jpg

sobeautiful.jpg
  • SemperFi91
    SemperFi91 Posts: 169
    Options
    Daves insanity sauce is the bomb!
  • cryan1980
    cryan1980 Posts: 37
    Options
    I see lots of SRIRACHA and I assume most are refering to the Rooster Sauce brand...

If you have an Asian market near you try sriraja panich. Much better product but harder to find.

http://www.cookthink.com/reference/60/What_is_sriracha
  • threedaysfromyou
    Options
    1. Sriracha
    2. Cholula
    3. Tapatio

This thread has given me lots of new hot sauces to try!
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    1.Habanero tabasco
    2.Nando's Extra Extra Hot Peri- Peri Sauce
    3.Reggae Reggae Jerk BBQ Sauce

Not much choice here in the UK compared to you guys in the US.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    `Da Bomb` Ground zero...Hottest sauce i`ve ever had...

Heres what the website says...

Da' Bomb Ground Zero
    What the bottle says...
    This sauce is the hottest on earth! Pure habanero pepper enhanced with habanero flavor to create a sauce measured at 234,000 Scoville units. Wicked beyond belief!

What we say...
    Seriously - this is really hot. One of the hottest sauces we currently stock here at Scorchio and be warned this can cause damage in the wrong hands - use sparingly unless you don't need to do anying important for a few days. ( i can verify this...Lol)

Just adding some reviews to show its not just me thats being a P***Y

by Alex Watts
    A friend and i had a tiny bit of this sauce at the dean (chichester) chili festival this year. We were in a lot of pain and the only way to breathe was to frequently refresh the water in our mouths (seriously went through about 5 bottles of water) half an hour of sheer pain. please people don't be stupid with this one or you will be considering suicide, theres no going back once you've had it. like the pill in the matrix lol...

Date Added: Sunday 15 August, 2010
    by Joe Codling
    Having a small amount of this on a cracker at the lakes chili fest made me have a minor episode.. I witnessed a guy before me take a HUGE amount... poor man, we can only wonder what happened to him...

Date Added: Saturday 13 March, 2010
    by Mark Hill
    Well... I ordered Blair's ultra death 20/20 edition and my mate at work ordered this. Now I know the SHU rating is way higher with the ultra death but I could stand a 3rd of a teaspoon of ultra death, the same ammount of this and it blew my mind and gave me a real stomach ache, SO...... HOT! Have to say, when I finally came down from planet blow my head off, I felt rather relaxed, absolutely superb :)...

Date Added: Monday 20 October, 2008
    by Micky R5112
    First of all the service from Scorchio was fantastic, got an e-mail to say my sauces had been shipped and the very next day they had arrived. Secondly, Da Bomb really is Da Bomb, fantastic stuff. I really thought i would never speak again after trying about a pin head of this stuff. Amazing!..

Date Added: Saturday 24 March, 2007
    by bri the briski
    daves insanity sauce..a puppy compared to this inferno......i like seriously hot sauces but this must be on the borderline of what you would call a sauce/additive..............this is definately an additive as one drop...no seriously..one drop is inferno.its ok being brave and saying that it was ok after a drop but this could and may possibly do internal damage...who knows..

Date Added: Tuesday 23 January, 2007
    by Tim Parry
    This is one to both fear and respect. Having tried many of Scorchio\'s cracking range of fiery sauces, I am in no doubt that this is the ultimate mouth buster. In fact, after adding a dash of Ground Zero to my soup at the weekend, I went on to use the infamous Dave\'s Insanity Sauce to help me cool down. Bonkers...
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    1- Sriracha
    2- Dave's Ghost Pepper
    3- Anything Mango Habenero
    4- Tabasco
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm having. ... Cholula is perfect on mexican food, Sriarcha is what I eat on greek and asian foods, Franks is the only hot sauce for chicken wings... I like to put Tobasco on cheesy foods of an American nature..

I ♥ hot sauce.

This, but never ever tabasco (gag face). I use Franks Extra Hot on pizza, wings, and anything american. Ever tried Sriarcha on pasta? It's pretty amazing.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Me too, Cholula is the best!
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Franks Red Hot.

I just tried it recently. LOVE it. I'm addicted. I put it on cottage cheese and it actually makes cottage cheese tolerable and less boring.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Tabasco Chipolte is one of my favorites but other than that I'm currently working on these two.

Ghost in the Darkness - Ghost Pepper and the Peri Peri Pepper with a vinegar base

Ghost on the Bayu - Ghost Pepper and the Peri Peri Pepper with more of a sweeter base.

50f30a06b23411e188131231381b5c25_7.jpg