Newb needing to lose weight

Options
greenbox06
greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
Hello everyone,

I finally have the motivation to get up off my lazy rear to lose weight. First I would like to do it for myself than for my wife and finally for our two new additions to our family(still can't believe we just had twins :smile: )

I have gained over 50lbs since getting out of the Army in 2006. I would like to get down to basic training weight and maybe beyond. I know I can do it but the question is can I do it without a Drill Sergeant yelling at me :laugh:

To start my weight loss I picked up a copy of the insanity workout. Gonna give that a try and see where I stand in 60 days. I was going to try and do some of the Army techniques but decided that marching 3+miles with a 50lb ruck in 105+ heat (Arizona desert kills) is probably not a good idea.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Replies

• jenniferrebekahsands
    Options
    Congrats on the new little ones!!
    I'm just starting my journey myself. Feel free to friend me for support!
    jen
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome. Good luck! You got this! :)
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the desert heat is a challenge, 110 tomorrow....really?!

Keep honest, weigh, measure and record ALL you eat and drink. Kinda painful when you first start, but it gets easier.

If you don't like the video you purchased, try another, and don't forget to check-out someplace that sells used DVDs or the library for rentals, so you can see just what works for you.

Wishing you strength!
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am with you all the way. I have about 40lb more to lose and it is starting to get hot eariler. I have two little ones as well (not twins 22 mo girl and 9 mo boy) we ride bike every morning. l started late this morning and we stopped at the park on the way back. I seriously thought it was already 100 degrees and when I checked just now it is only 89 degrees. I am going to have to get motivated to get up and start eariler every day as the temps go up. I sent you a request!